Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Texas
73.33%
USC
26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Rose Bowl?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 05:17 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Rose Bowl?

i really couldnt have cared less who won, but i was hoping for a good game, which we got..

Old 01-05-2006, 05:55 PM
3rd Gear

Vince Young had the most incredible performance I have ever seen. 3 TD's and 467 total yards! Crazy!

Old 01-06-2006, 12:03 AM
3rd Gear

Leinart is a total douche.

Old 01-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Administrator

I would have to say that is the best College game I have seen V. Young.. is the best damn quarterback in college, I cant wait to see what NFL team gets him

Old 01-06-2006, 04:05 AM

1. I stick by my USC. I have always loved them from the beginning of me watching football.
2. It was a great game im just sry V. Young came out on top. Notice i said V. Young not texas, b/c he is the team. If he hadnt latteraled a down ball he would have all the TD's
3. I dont think he would go first if he went i think Bush would still be over him. But it would come down to what the 1st draft pick needs. But hes staying for another year
4. Leinart is horrible. I hate him, cant wiat for Mark Sanchez (local boy from my city) to play. Leinart has a hell of an arm but is a large drinker and has no running ability.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:06 PM
1st Gear

I voted Texas Oh and rock on for the big 12's performance in the BCS this year. (even though my team didn't make a bowl game next year maybe)

Old 01-06-2006, 01:33 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

I would have to say that is the best College game I have seen V. Young.. is the best damn quarterback in college, I cant wait to see what NFL team gets him
Those quarterbacks that run in the NFL are great for around a season and a half - if they are lucky - then they get nailed one too many times and they become pocket dwellers or residents on the IR list. No quarterback can take repeated open field tackles in the NFL. McNair, McNabb, Culpepper....they all once had amazing seasons when they could do it all, but then something happened to each of them - repeatedly(the clock is ticking on Vick). In the NFL, Young will be no different. He can only pray for a a few good seasons like these guys had. Peyton Manning cannot scramble as well as Young, but I would rather have a decent running back and Manning than a running quarterback. It is always fun to watch hot college players try to make it in the NFL. Young has got some moves. In the NFL we'll find out if he has the full package.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:56 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: s_racer2003

I voted Texas Oh and rock on for the big 12's performance in the BCS this year. (even though my team didn't make a bowl game next year maybe)
Big 12 was great this year! Go Jayhawks!!

Old 01-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: pturbo

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

Those quarterbacks that run in the NFL are great for around a season and a half - if they are lucky - then they get nailed one too many times and they become pocket dwellers or residents on the IR list. No quarterback can take repeated open field tackles in the NFL. McNair, McNabb, Culpepper....they all once had amazing seasons when they could do it all, but then something happened to each of them - repeatedly(the clock is ticking on Vick). In the NFL, Young will be no different. He can only pray for a a few good seasons like these guys had. Peyton Manning cannot scramble as well as Young, but I would rather have a decent running back and Manning than a running quarterback. It is always fun to watch hot college players try to make it in the NFL. Young has got some moves. In the NFL we'll find out if he has the full package.
Don't forget Randall Cunningham. Philly got 4 GOOD years out of him before his knee got cracked. Even w/o that factor, QB lifespans aren't exactly long and glorious. FEW starting QB's have careers that span a decade or more. Montana & Morino notwithstanding, long-lived QB's ARE a rarity

Old 01-06-2006, 02:09 PM
3rd Gear

Vince Young will be around a lot longer than one year. He is the total quarterback. He is bigger than most linebackers and he runs faster than most running backs. The guy is crazy.

Quick Reply: Rose Bowl?