Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A sad report... adios Audi

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 08:55 AM
1st Gear
Default A sad report... adios Audi

Well, I never thought this would happen but it has. Last morning 12/23/07, my beautiful '00 black A6 4.2 was stolen. I live near the notorious area of Newark, where this happened. I don't know if anyone has had this happen to them, but it's a helpless feeling. You take meticulous care of your car, always "baby-ing" it, and out of nowhere, some degenerate comes along and jacks your car. The other aspect that's kind of humiliating is how I used to tell people, "I drive an Audi, those Germans realyknow how to make cars difficult to rob". I've always known that A4's are easier to steal than an A6, I know a couple of people who had their A4's stolen, but when compared to brands like honda or toyota, Audi's should be steal-proof. Maybe it's the fact that Newark, NJ is such a hot bed for car stealing, I don't know, those guys can probably steal anything.

So what's the next step for me? I have to get a new car obviously, but I don't know if I'll ever get another Audi again. It sucks that this has happened around this time of year. It's out of my control, and I hate when that happens. If anyone has any input, I'd appreciate it.

Merry Christmas to all of you

Old 12-24-2007, 09:37 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: A sad report... adios Audi

Sorry mate to hear that. It isa bad thing, especially, during the holidays. Do you have Audi Telematics in your car? They can track a car, if you have one. I am sure you would have thought of it. Otherwise, what a waste.

I hope you will find another car. If it can be some consolation, think of itthis way that it better then been a wreck where the car get totalled. At least, you lost the car without a scratch.

I assume, you don't have high hopes from the police dept.

Merry Christmas.

Old 12-24-2007, 02:08 PM
4th Gear

that sucks dude, see if the car can be tracked, reprt to the police and be the haemorrhoid in thier *** about it....

good luck and merry christmas

Old 12-24-2007, 02:24 PM

so sorry for your loss man!!!
i live in jersey and know the area well.
its definitely a hotbed of theft activity.
im hoping your insurance will reimburse you at least for the blue-book value?
how long does a car need to be missing for them to declare a total loss and pay out?

Old 12-24-2007, 02:31 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I've been frustrated with the Newark PD's response, it's like such a common occurence to have stolen cars that I've become another statistic. After the stolen report was filed, they did say whoever stole my car was using it as a getaway car. The perps were going around stealing other car stereos/sat navs, and using my car as a getaway. Obviously, excellent choice by these guys, that 4.2 could smoke any police interceptors, I just wished they hadn't taken mine

Do you have Audi Telematics in your car?
No telematics/onstar

Old 12-24-2007, 02:45 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Nuvolari

Yeah I've been frustrated with the Newark PD's response, it's like such a common occurence to have stolen cars that I've become another statistic. After the stolen report was filed, they did say whoever stole my car was using it as a getaway car. The perps were going around stealing other car stereos/sat navs, and using my car as a getaway. Obviously, excellent choice by these guys, that 4.2 could smoke any police interceptors, I just wished they hadn't taken mine

BE A PAIN IN THEIR ***!!! keep talkin to them about it...your car is stolen, NO WONDER WHEY THEY KEEP STEALING CARS BECAUSE THE PD DONT DO ****!!! keep bringin it up and bothering them about it

Old 12-24-2007, 03:08 PM

hell honestly if that was my car i wouldnt even want it back after all that.
who knows what kind of abuse this is being put through right now?
and the insurance company probably will not cover all damages.
again, sorry for your loss, and i hope your insurance totals you out and gets you a nice new replacement!!

Old 12-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Administrator

I'm sorry about this incident.

I wish you the best and I hope insurance will give you what you deserve.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:43 PM
4th Gear

my apologies, mate... it does bite that they jacked a car that is suppose to be bullet proof for theft... odd how they did it... our locksmith says damn near impossible to clone the key transponders (I was trying to get him to make me a spare instead of going through a stealership)... and he's the best in town, too

without the transponder code I wonder how they are driving it - you just can't get "lucky" on that sheet...

Old 12-24-2007, 03:53 PM
1st Gear

Thats terrible, so sorry to here that. My buddy works for a repo company and he said that they can track audis by gps thats how they find them to go repo em. he says that all you need is to give a repo co the vin and they can trace itbecause most audis after 97 have a similar system kinda like lojack.

Quick Reply: A sad report... adios Audi