Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Santorum and Audi

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 10:50 AM
2nd Gear
Default Santorum and Audi

So how would this influence your vote?

Santorum drove Audi A6 in 2008, tax returns show | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Old 02-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Certified

It just shows he has good taste in autos.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Administrator

He was probably on the forums back in 2008. Let's go look him up.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:47 AM
2nd Gear

I just thought it was amusing that that was supposed to be a black mark against him.
I would have definitely had less respect if he had driven a chevy volt.

By the way anybody know what Obama used to drive when he was a senator?
I believe it was a gas hogging Chrysler 300.

It just kills me the double standard the media uses on people.

They trashed Santorum about an off color joke one of his supporters made about birth control ...A SUPPORTER!! All the while forgetting how Obama made fun of the Special Olympics himself.

While appearing on "The Tonight Show" to tout his economic plan, Obama -- who famously rolled a gutter ball while trying to woo primary voters last year -- told Leno that he had been practicing in the White House bowling alley and recently scored an unimpressive 129.

"It's like -- it was like Special Olympics or something," the president said, prompting laughter from the audience.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:54 PM
5th Gear

I'm voting for whoever drove the car with the worst gas milage.

**** future generations. When I go, Im taking the planet with me.

Now if you'll excuse me, this styrofoam isn't gonna burn itself.....

Old 02-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Guru

Hey I got some tires that need burning. You want 'em?

Old 02-24-2012, 03:21 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
I'm voting for whoever drove the car with the worst gas milage.

**** future generations. When I go, Im taking the planet with me.

Now if you'll excuse me, this styrofoam isn't gonna burn itself.....
This reminded me of George Carlin in a round about way.

"We’re so self-important. Everybody’s going to save something now. “Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save those snails.” And the greatest arrogance of all: save the planet. Save the planet, we don’t even know how to take care of ourselves yet. I’m tired of this ****. I’m tired of f-ing Earth Day. I’m tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, these white, bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is that there aren’t enough bicycle paths. People trying to make the world safe for Volvos. Besides, environmentalists don’t give a **** about the planet. Not in the abstract they don’t. You know what they’re interested in? A clean place to live. Their own habitat. They’re worried that some day in the future they might be personally inconvenienced. Narrow, unenlightened self-interest doesn’t impress me.

The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles … hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages … And we think some plastic bags and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet isn’t going anywhere. WE ARE!

We’re going away. Pack your ****, folks. We’re going away. And we won’t leave much of a trace, either. Maybe a little Styrofoam … The planet’ll be here and we’ll be long gone. Just another failed mutation. Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet’ll shake us off like a bad case of fleas."