Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shokan.com = sho can steal your $

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 03:48 PM
1st Gear
Default Shokan.com = sho can steal your $

Ordered a part from SHOKAN.COM at the end of January and it showed up with the mounting bolt busted off in the holes. It's not going to attach real well that way.

So I call them up and they say no problem, we'll refund you your money when you return it. I said are you going to send me a return shipping label? They said they don't do that but include a slip for the shipping costs and they would add that to the refund. Great.

So 10 days after it's been returned I call to see what's going on with the refund. They tell me we'll refund the purchase amount, that's all, but NOT the original shipping OR the return shipping. So I paid $40 to receive and return and BROKEN PART?! I even spoke to the same person that originally stated they would refund shipping and she acted like she didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

I run an online ebay/Amazon Marketplace business and I can tell you right now, that if I screw up and send someone a busted azz part, I'm paying for their original AND return shipping. If I returned it out of preference, that's one thing, but this is friggin joke.

And to all those that are going to chime in saying, "oh well they've done good business for me."... SAVE IT. Just because a company does good business every now and then, DOESN'T MAKE THEM A GOOD COMPANY. This was straight, cut and dried, inethical shadiness.

If you need used or refurbished Audi parts... avoid this &$(%&#& company like the plague.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Senior Administrator

Not defending Shokan, because they never have what *I* am looking for, when *I* need it, but, wouldn't also the opposite be true?

Just because a company screws up, for you, doesn't necessairly make then a $H!+ company, either, does it? Well, it DOES, for YOU, true enough; but shouldn't *I* make my own decision?

Personally, I don't decide a company is a POS <cough-UPS-cough-cough> until they've done me wrong more than once. It has to be something like three or 37 (at last count) times, give or take.

That being said, if a company does manage to screw me, I take my business elseware. Voting with my money. Except in cases as with UPS, where I have little control over which package delivery service a given vendor uses.

Make you a deal: I'll NEVER buy from Shokan (which, I can promise because they NEVER have the part *I* need, when *I* need it); if YOU promise NEVER to ship via UPS, since *I* hate THEIR guts ten-times as vehemently as you hate Shokan.

Deal?!?!?

Old 03-21-2011, 04:47 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
Not defending Shokan, because they never have what *I* am looking for, when *I* need it, but, wouldn't also the opposite be true?

Just because a company screws up, for you, doesn't necessairly make then a $H!+ company, either, does it? Well, it DOES, for YOU, true enough; but shouldn't *I* make my own decision?

Personally, I don't decide a company is a POS <cough-UPS-cough-cough> until they've done me wrong more than once. It has to be something like three or 37 (at last count) times, give or take.

That being said, if a company does manage to screw me, I take my business elseware. Voting with my money. Except in cases as with UPS, where I have little control over which package delivery service a given vendor uses.

Make you a deal: I'll NEVER buy from Shokan (which, I can promise because they NEVER have the part *I* need, when *I* need it); if YOU promise NEVER to ship via UPS, since *I* hate THEIR guts ten-times as vehemently as you hate Shokan.

Deal?!?!?
Lets get one thing straight... I'm not angry because they screwed up. Disappointed, but not angry. I'm angry because they screwed me AFTER they screwed up. If they would have screwed up and the returned the unit and paid me what THEY SAID they would pay me, this would be a positive review. Disappointing but positive nonetheless. UPS screws up... Shokan screws you.

Furthermore, am I to understand that if an Audi parts vendor, that other Audi members here may use, screws another Audi owner, you DON'T think it's reasonable to let other owners know? Isn't that part of what the forum system is all about? Giving voice to the enthusiast and not just the vendor websites?!

Frankly I don't care if you do buy from them again or not. I'm just arming other owners with the knowledge that this vendor WILL willingly, directly, screw you for your money. That is, they will lie to you until they have you over the barrel. If UPS has done that, I would hate them just as much as you do, but from my experience with UPS (not so great either), they do not directly screw you, like to you, deceive you... they just continually disappoint with poor service/execution. Which in my book is MUCH different than directly screwing someone for their money. Besides, 9 times out of 10 when UPS OR FEDEX make a mistake on one of my shipments... I get my money back and then some. You just have to run it far enough up the flagpole. Can't do that with companies like Shokan... the flagpole isn't tall enough and it's anchored in the same Sh!tty foundation.

If I've offended you with my review of a shoddy company that very distinctly lied and screwed another Audi owner, and could very well do the same to the next AudiForums.com member... I DON'T apologize.

Oh... and no deal.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Administrator

I've heard mixed reviews about shokan before, but never to this degree. Sorry to hear man. I would never do business with them mostly because their stuff is WAY over priced.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:42 PM
5th Gear

Never had a decent enough quote for parts from Shokan to bother with them.

Check out force5auto in the future, smaller operation, but Chris takes care of you. Years ago I bought a fuel pump for a 4000 from him, and when I got it it was varnished up and wouldn't spin. Emailed him, and he sent me 3 more pumps.

Wish I knew what I had at the time. Those pumps are decent pumps, and I ended up trashing them by leaving them on the garage floor where they got all nasty...

Old 03-22-2011, 05:26 AM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by 6605stang

Furthermore, am I to understand that if an Audi parts vendor, that other Audi members here may use, screws another Audi owner, you DON'T think it's reasonable to let other owners know? Isn't that part of what the forum system is all about? Giving voice to the enthusiast and not just the vendor websites?!
Well, if your post had been simply "shokan sho skrewed me," then this is a valid point. You finished with "don't buy" from them. You seem to want others to join your boycott simply because you were wronged.

Speak your peace. Whatever it may be. THAT is what the forum is about. As long as you respect our members (of which shokan currently isn't AFAIK), you'll never have a problem with me. Anybody here will tell you that.

Don't get mad at ME because I speak MINE, too.

Frankly I don't care if you do buy from them again or not. I'm just arming other owners with the knowledge that this vendor WILL willingly, directly, screw you for your money. That is, they will lie to you until they have you over the barrel. If UPS has done that, I would hate them just as much as you do, but from my experience with UPS (not so great either), they do not directly screw you, like to you, deceive you... they just continually disappoint with poor service/execution. Which in my book is MUCH different than directly screwing someone for their money. Besides, 9 times out of 10 when UPS OR FEDEX make a mistake on one of my shipments... I get my money back and then some. You just have to run it far enough up the flagpole. Can't do that with companies like Shokan... the flagpole isn't tall enough and it's anchored in the same Sh!tty foundation.
You have no idea how, nor how often UPS has screwed me, but, I do appreciate that you could not easily conceive how a company that simply delivers packages can somehow manage to cost ME hundreds of dollars in lost earning taking time of from work to chase down a package they say they've delivered when that haven't; will hold at the distribution center, and then put on a truck for delivery; return packages to the vendors, after speaking to the Distro supe and being told "I have your package on my desk, as we speak," and driving directly down to pick it up... On average 3/4 times, over the last half-dozen years. Your experiences with UPS are more than likely unlike mine; which accounts for your difference of opinion.

See how this works? Possibly not, but that is qool, too.

If I've offended you with my review of a shoddy company that very distinctly lied and screwed another Audi owner, and could very well do the same to the next AudiForums.com member... I DON'T apologize.

Oh... and no deal.
You LITERALLY lack the capacity to offend me, in ANY way, shape, or form. But, you're more than welcome to continue to try. Notice, not only did I not ask for an apology in my first post in your thread, I am not asking for one, now. Neither for me, or the other forum members I represent (check the title, just under the screenname).

Your OP asked that I join in your boycott, I offered conditions under which I would (I again point out I could care less about shokan). You decline. Fine. Enjoy your misplaced anger.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:06 AM
4th Gear

Shokan sells Mustang parts?

Old 03-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
Shokan sells Mustang parts?
YEPPER!!!

Justin's building a heretofore neverseen, yet somehow LEGENDARY Audi'STANG!!!

5.o litre's of AWD Fastback Ger'Merican AlumIron

Watch your hintern-teile

Old 03-22-2011, 03:39 PM
1st Gear

AWD - OK, we've made our peace... although that was before I saw your retort... but peace nonetheless. Please allow me to clear the air, so to speak though. My original intension was PURELY to advocate to other members what I experienced and give them insight into a very inethical circumstance that happened with that company. I think you split hairs a bit with me, but again fair enough... I SHOULD HAVE SAID... "If you need used or refurbished Audi parts in the future... I WOULD avoid this &$(%&#& company like the plague."

I'll be happy to edit the original post if that is something you think would be appropriate. Seriously, not being sarcastic, I will.

As for a couple other things...

Agreed, that our experiences with UPS/Shokan may very well be on the same level. I do not know your experiences and did not mean to belittle them. I was skeptical that UPS had acted beyond negligence and directly on to deception, but my skepticism is misplaced.

As for offending you... I thought I did in some way. Understand that obviously I was flaming hot with SHOKAN't and my flaming fingers did the talking. When I thought I caught a 'tone' of you defending them in some way, I got a little hot under the collar. That I DO apologize for, whether you asked for it or not, you deserve it. But I did not intend to or "try" to offend you or the other members here. Only want to do for them what I've valued GREATLY over the years and that is giving other likely consumers insight into the business practices of a very possible vendor.

My anger may have been SLIGHTLY misplaced... AFTER your response, but I never INTENDED to ask for a boycott, though my flaming words may have directly said so. My fault.

My words aside, I think you know where I was coming from... just think UPS...

BTW, I DID see you were admin... this ain't my first rodeo.

PS - Hmmmm... An Audistang... interesting thought. Better than a Musti anyway, am I right?! If it wasn't a sacrilege, an AWD Mustang might be fairly interesting! But seriously, the Shelby is my primary driver, but I drive an 01 A6 2.7T on the non-sunny days. Apparently it only displays your "1st in garage".

Old 03-22-2011, 03:45 PM
1st Gear

PPS - for what it's worth I posted a carbon copy of this post on another Audi forum and I've edited that one to remove the boycott-ish words... Again, that was not my intension.

EDIT - Scratch that... apparently I can't figure out how to edit in THAT forum so the original stands... oh, well.

Last edited by 6605stang; 03-22-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Shokan.com = sho can steal your $