Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so many different audi forum??

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 01:39 PM
1st Gear
Default so many different audi forum??

How does everyone choose between all the different audi forums online? I like this one the most but just out of curiosity is one better than the other in specific ways? Is one more technical than the other?

Thanks

Old 09-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Senior Administrator

Each one has a slighgtly different *feel* to the "family" that is the Audi community they serve.

Audizene tends more towards a more technical community, and are a bit fanatical about it. As such, they also tend to be younger, and a bit more intolerant than we generally are around here. The key word there is "fanatical."

AudiWorld used to be (I haven't visited my account there in a couple of years) a bit more fan-boy-ish. But, not fanatically so. A little more mature, I suppose. A little more tolerant.

VWVortex (I know, it's VW, but, they have a habit of being respectable to Audi's, too) caters to a wider base, but still under the VAG (rhymes with bag - Volkswagen Automobile Group, in case you didn't already know), always feels to me to be equal parts tech/equal parts enthusiast. Mature, and tolerant, but I suppose that's an artifact of them catering to such a wide user-base.

Which brings me to us. Here at AF, we're more "enthusiast" than "fanatic." Much more tolerant, with a few extreme exceptions, of course. But, every family has that "uncle-that-lives-in-the-basement" type, as a crutch to bear. AmIRite? I rite, rite? AmIRite?!?!? Always helpful (except for, you know, that "uncle" I just mentioned)

How do you choose? Well, for me, I basically set myself up with accounts on all teh AudiForums I could find, back then, and just trolled the various threads and forums. I liked teh *vibe* of this place, more than the others, so here is where I concentrated most of my interest. That was back in 2005, I believe. Over teh years I've worked my way up teh responsibility ladder, mostly out of longevity than anything else.

Welsome to the forums.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

~Jazz

Old 09-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

it's Uncle AWDaholic!!
how did you escape from the basement?

Old 09-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by S4sweetee
it's Uncle AWDaholic!!
how did you escape from the basement?