Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 11:54 PM
1st Gear
Default Speeding ticket

I knew they were gunning the area for the last week. But anyway I punched it to get around two semi's, slowed down, and there he was - 52 in a 35. I wasn't happy.[:@]
Anyway, my question is this: he wrote the wrong driver's licence number on my ticket - I've heard things about getting out of erroneous tickets - anyone have any stories to share or know anything?

Old 03-30-2006, 12:16 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Speeding ticket

They will run your name if you don't show up to court. If you go to court on that sole reason, that he wrote down the wrong license number, you might get away with it if he's not there. If he is there, it won't matter what you do, he will just say that he made a simple mistake, and they judge will hammer you harder for trying to get out of it... [:@]

Old 03-30-2006, 12:18 AM
5th Gear

I got a friends ticket thrown out because the cop wrote that it was an Az plate and it was an Or, I was with him so he brought me as a whitness and i was all, if the officer got that wrong who's to say that he didnt get other factors right and the ticket got thrown out

Old 03-30-2006, 01:54 AM

i think it could get thrown out for that also, if u can go to court and still get traffic school do it. Tell the judge about the error but while u tell him dot admit to speeding.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:47 PM
4th Gear

that happened to my friend and the ticket was dropped

Old 03-31-2006, 01:40 AM
1st Gear

99- how did they go about it, do I show up to court saying...come on dude....please?? I'm thinking a deferment program may be the best bet. This is a 4 point ticket, and I got one a few months back in MI (while still a MI resident) so I'm assuming it will transfer (total of 6 or 7 points). I'm calling the police dept. tomorrow and asking them what I should do. I'm thinking of calling my insurance agent too and asking for advice.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:44 AM
3rd Gear

You signed the ticket didn't you? It won't get thrown out for that. You signed the ticket saying that you were speeding.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:42 AM
2nd Gear

Signing the ticket isn't an admission of guilt, its a promise to appear in court/pay the fine.

Old 03-31-2006, 10:48 AM
1st Gear

I didn't sign anything. There is a place on the bottom that has a court date - not sure what this really means. I'll know more when I get a hold of the police office.

Old 03-31-2006, 12:49 PM
1st Gear

Did some calling around. I can pay $212 for a deferment program. If I don't get a ticket for 12 months, it will drop the points off of my licence. It'll probably be the cheapest in the long run. The court date was only if I didn't/couldn't pay the fine, I would be hunted down and shot by a cop if I didn't show up then. I forgot to ask about the drivers licence number mistake.

Quick Reply: Speeding ticket