Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speeding Ticket 3 weeks ago- Went to court Today and got it dismissed

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Default Speeding Ticket 3 weeks ago- Went to court Today and got it dismissed

Hey Guys,

About 3 weeks ago I got a speeding ticket from a motorcycle cop... I was going 65 in a 45 mph zone.... The cop pulled me over right away as I clearly was going over the speed limit... I admitted guilt and signed the ticket...

Once I told my friend about this- he urged me to fight the ticket in court even though I was guilty.... He is a lawyer so I trusted his judgement... He showed me a really good book that would help me fight the ticket.. It talked all about traffic citations and how its important to remember that "You are innocent until proven guilty, they have to prove your guilty, you dont have to prove your innocence in traffic court".

I never thought of it this way, but incase you didn't know- There are certain types of evidence related to speeding tickets and traffic violations that cops wont have with them in court 90% of the time. They dont want you to know what this evidence usually would be (depending on the type of ticket) because if you do request the evidence and they cant provide it...
YOUR TICKET GETS DISMISSED- EVEN IF YOU WERE GUILTY...

This is exactly what happened to me in court- after doing some reading on it- I requested to see the recorded speed (which is supposed to be documented by the police) and he could not provide the documentation... Therefore I got my speeding ticket Dismissed....

This is a classic example of - Its not just who you know- Its What you Know
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

Last edited by AWDaholic; 10-07-2009 at 09:21 PM. Reason: ProBeat might not be sooo bad, after all...
Old 10-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Senior Administrator

Stuart... Words cannot express how many different ways I can call this spam. Well, actually, they can, but that's beside the point.

Time will tell if I over reacted, or not.

Last edited by AWDaholic; 10-07-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Senior Administrator

Unlocked...

Let the FLAMING begin!!!

Old 10-09-2009, 06:32 PM

The only loophole I can see that would make this not spam is the fact that there is no linky to a sale website.

He just seems to love talking about how he beat a ticket..... good for you?

Old 10-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by FezA4
The only loophole I can see that would make this not spam is the fact that there is no linky to a sale website.

He just seems to love talking about how he beat a ticket..... good for you?
He had it in his siggy. Some flat site. One of these "click here to buy my book," but no depthe to the site. One page deep, 10-pages down. I took the link out, for him. We traded a couple of emails. Told him if he wanted to post a commerce link in his siggy he'd hafta make it to "senior-member" level, first, or I'd keep raping his siggy until he gave up and left.

I think he gave up and left, anyway!

Old 10-09-2009, 10:33 PM
5th Gear

crap. so he already left. damn my laziness.

Jazz wanted me to point out that when you accepted the guilty thing with the cop, you kinda screwed the whole pleading not guilty thing, because that was a admission of guilt.

You SRSLY want to know how to get out of tickets, the first thing to do is get a lot of tickets, and then decide you pay too much for them, and start paying attention to what you're doing in court to get out of tickets.

But he's half on. ANYWAY, because my photobucket account is up, I'm going to waste a bunch of space with some pics.

And for good measure

Old 10-10-2009, 03:46 AM
Tech Guru

I would normally post my SPAM can picture that I keep saved on my computer but since this tool is gone it's not worth it.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Administrator