Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there any reason why I shouldn't lease?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 04:30 AM
2nd Gear
Default Is there any reason why I shouldn't lease?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to lease my A4 simply because I can't mod it for awile because of the warranty and if I want I can buy off or trade in my car in 3 years. Also with the money I don't have to put up front I can open up cd accounts to cover the mere 1.8% interest fee.

Thoughts?

Old 05-19-2007, 01:17 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Is there any reason why I shouldn't lease?

I don't know... when it comes to Audi and their seriously amazing used car warranties, I'd pick up something nearly brand new that has Audi Assured warranty. It's nearly 100 000 miles of warranty, I think... and you get a car for a bit less money. Sometimes Audi has good finance rates on used cars, right?

Old 05-19-2007, 01:45 PM
2nd Gear

My biggest problem with buying used is the god damn B6 model line, no offense to you B6 owners out there but that is just not the car for me. Unfortunately B5 isgetting too old(I wish I turned18 around 01 )and there arent enough B7s around to chose from. It's either this or nothing.

VNV this is myfirst car,I can'tdo any serious repairs and I want something thats decent with reliablility and not a total ***** on gas.

I guess I would consider buying if it was assured I wouldn't have much trouble selling if I needed too. The other thing that bothers me is I'll be driving and paying for a car that "isn't mine."

Old 05-19-2007, 01:46 PM
2nd Gear

What he said ^

Old 05-19-2007, 02:51 PM
2nd Gear

I'm not looking to speed THAT much. Anda7+ year oldS4 is going to be in the shops every other week unless I get very lucky. Not to mention I want nav and black/black without those tacky black/white S4 seats (good luck finding anything near that with less than 100k on it) and again it's horrible on gas. I know I'm being picky but when this much cash is at stake, I don't care.

You're right about leasing though, I'm thinking about buying now.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:08 AM
18T
4th Gear

Get a Preowned certified car that has audi assured to 100k

You wont be sorry.

If you get a lease, at the end of it youre left with nothing . Youve invested ur money into the ground.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:35 AM
18T
4th Gear

Protect your investment. Get a CPO vehicle/audi assured100k

yes a B6, i know you ahte it but do it. If not look into an a3.. they are fun as hell, and very quick.

Old 05-20-2007, 03:50 AM
2nd Gear

I'm sorry guys but I didn't come all this way to compromise for a B6. The A3 has potential though. I see no reason to do something I hate if I'm only getting this car because I want it so bad.

Old 05-20-2007, 03:58 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah and to be quite honest if I was to go used I think I'd want an 03 5 series. I really don't prefer BMW to Audi but for that timeframe the 5 series was one hell of a car.

The best part about that is on autotraderall the really really nice deals on the 03 5 series are in ******* California. It seems to be that way for a lot of sports cars...

Old 05-20-2007, 12:14 PM
5th Gear

Oh man, the A3 with the 3.2DSG is so amazing.
You said that you couldn't drive stick... go drive a DSG. It will make you VERY happy.
I'm a die hard manual trans guy... but I think I want a DSG in my next car.

Quick Reply: Is there any reason why I shouldn't lease?