Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

There ought to be a LAW...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Senior Administrator
Default There ought to be a LAW...

OK, simple premise. Post your Law you think should exist. Include any info you thihk we care about (hint: we don't). We'll comment on it until someone else posts up another Law that "ought-to-be."

There ought to be a LAW that limits slow vehicles, Conmmercial trucks, and especially Tractor-Trailers to the right lane! Unless passing. For those areas that already have such a law, IT OUGHT TO BE ENFORCED!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: There ought to be a LAW...

See, THAT'S why your'e my *NEW* bestest friend!!! I've been saying that EXACT, SAME thing for about 6 years, now! Greatr minds TROOLY do thyink alike! (thankfully, they don't spell alike, huh?)

Old 02-19-2007, 04:13 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

OK, simple premise. Post your Law you think should exist. Include any info you thihk we care about (hint: we don't). We'll comment on it until someone else posts up another Law that "ought-to-be."

There ought to be a LAW that limits slow vehicles, Conmmercial trucks, and especially Tractor-Trailers to the right lane! Unless passing. For those areas that already have such a law, IT OUGHT TO BE ENFORCED!!!
Deff. agree supposedly it was being enforced here but never seen a person pulled over for it.

I think of my self as a "polite" person when asking these jags (old women & soccer "parent's") to get the F*** over. I ride them with a small car length if dont get over then i drop the hammer and skim their bumper. What really lights the fire under my *** is that you can totally tell they are saying "get off my *** or go around". [:@]

I also like this "advanced license" idea. This could really go somewhere but you would need special plates that let cops know that you are licensed to speed.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:31 PM

There ought to be a law stating you must take your drivers license exam in a manual transmission car. This would limit the dumbasses from getting their license until they know how to drive.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:51 PM
1st Gear

no ******* trucks in the ******* left lane at 8 ******* AM in rush hour traffic.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:55 PM
4th Gear

+1000000 I get irritated by kids on their cellphones, old people in buicks and SUV nondriving soccer moms who sit in the left lane going under the speed limit. I turn on my HID's and ride their bumper till they move over. They just don't get it, slower traffic stay to the right. Don't get me started on truckers who think they own the road.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:03 PM
1st Gear

Yeah no ****, then the ******* trucker will get next to another trucker and ride side by side for 40 miles letting no one pass, then when you finally get to pass them they purposly blow the air brakes off into your open window.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:13 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: new2me

I also like this "advanced license" idea. This could really go somewhere but you would need special plates that let cops know that you are licensed to speed.
Im thinking euro-like plates? That'd be badass..

Oh and +1 on the slow and fast lanes....eff'n ******** dont know have to drive.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

there ought to be a law that requires sometype of State issued license to drive...
also some type of law that requires driver to have some type of insurance for their
car should they cause damge / injury etc.

for states that allready have said laws... it ought to be enforced.. [&:] [:@]
*cough * *California* *cough*

Old 02-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Senior Administrator

If we were to tie in the "stepped" license with the abilities of teh car you were allowed to operate, it'd be pretty easy. Anyone not able to afford drivng classes to learn how to operate a vehicle, at the threshold (must be 21 to apply, sorry!) will not be permitted to purchase anything faster than a 1988 Dodge Colt, until such time as the CAN afford classes, and successfully pass them.

Anyone caught acting an @$$ in a Porsche, or a BMW 75-OIL (<--LoL, I slay me), etc., is almost SURE to be driving above their license, or drunk/high, which, IMHO, should warrant LOSS OF VEHICLE (evem if/ESPECIALLY IF) it ain't yours, along with a 6-year suspension of your driving privlidges, FIRST OFFENSE. PERMANNENT if you do it a second time.

Anyone found causing an accident (causing one, not being in one) while talking on a cell-phone (cell-phone records will prove time of call) AUTOMICALLY will have both their cell phone donated to public service (county workers, and the like) AND their car auctioned off to help pay for public services like snow removal and pothole paving!

It's hard but it's fair!