Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

These last 2 years.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:46 AM
4th Gear
Default These last 2 years.......

During these last two years more bad has happened then good. I moved from all my friends in Arizona (lived there for 10 years) and have adapted to that, with new ones. The best dog you'll ever meet passed away in October, owned him for 8 years. He was still young and full of life but cancer got the worst of him. Now, today... just 30 minuets ago... my parents married for 22 years told me there getting divorced. I have never felt like real life is a dream more than I do right now, if I had a million dollars I would have bet they would be the last two to take these steps 3 days ago. This is surreal... my body feels heavy and I cannot believe whats taking place...sigh[&o]

Old 03-14-2007, 02:12 AM
Default RE: These last 2 years.......

Damn, sorry to hear about that. I can relate to two of them and know they're rough experiences, especially consecutive like that.

Keep on doing your best, i'm sure you'll get through it with a clear head and all.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:22 AM
4th Gear

That sucks man, just remember you still got friends here on AF that help you get through this tough time.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:31 AM
3rd Gear

Damn bro that sucks. My wife's parents who were married for 20 years just finalized their divorce last friday. It's been a rough few months for us as well, kind of hit us(her moreso) hard. You will get through this, believe me, even though it doesn't feel like it now everything will be alright in the end. PM me if you want to talk further. AF is here for ya

Old 03-14-2007, 02:44 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, the best medicine is just to keep your mind off of it and find a hobby to fill that space.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:58 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

just stay focused.. remember that the divorce wasnt your fault...
your dog was able to give you 8 good years full of memories & companionship..
& at least your old enough to understand the pressures & problems of relationships.
not that the divorceisnt hard on you -Im know its devastating (I was 11 when it happened)
but your much more able to deal w/ the pain than a 6 year old...

stay positive... communicate..
Things will work out & just like you adapted from AZ you'll adapt to this too...

STAY TOUGH ! hang in there...

Old 03-14-2007, 03:22 AM
4th Gear

Thanks guys, really appriciate your kind words

I'll keep my head high, and work through it.. just make sure I don't let it bundle up inside. It just seems so far from reality when I heard those words, I had myself convinced it'd never happen to me. But it hit me, out of the blue... I'll just talk with friends, and keep my mind on other things. Like my audi

Yeah, I've gotton over the dog thing, but it doesn't add to a good year. Dog passed 6 months ago and now this! I can hardly believe this is reality, if I woulda been told this events were gonna take place 2 years ago I'd shake my head in disbelief. But its all part of life, and its something you gotta learn to deal with.

My dog was a great dog though! man he had a personality.

Thanks though guys, appriciate it!

-Amze

Old 03-14-2007, 12:45 PM
2nd Gear

reality is the heaviest and hardest thing in our universe. although its not possible in any way shape or form i'd trade your problems for mine any day, man. hang in there, youre not alone. my past 3-4 years havent been as fun or even as average as i'd hoped them to be. i wont write out my life story, i'll just say that this is going to be lifelong for me, however long that may be. i generally find ways to cope. i dont turn to drugs or alcohol. ive got my own release, but sometimes it just doesnt matter if you have one or not. it just gets to you and you feel like putting a fist through a wall. you know that "this too shall pass" saying? that only does so much. what i found out is that family and friends are whats really important and all the rest? well, itll come along the way. i try to deal with things one at a time as they come at me.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:57 PM
4th Gear

Just stay focused and dont let things bring you down. Summer is coming soon and that mean good weather to tinker with the car! I know how you feel about the parents i would never have thought my mom would date a another guy 1 month after my dad pasted away, they were married 26yrs. It hit us kids hard and lots of fights that never went anyplace. Just console in your friends when you need a shoulder/ear and be there to support both your parents in their decision.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:30 PM
4th Gear

Appriciate your support guys, as dumb or as 'geeky' as that sounds. I got lots of real life friends I've talked to who offer it to, but its nice to know that even on a forum people can appriciate 'reality'. I know we all have our e-battles but there all in the name of becoming the biggest e-thug, haha jk. But, really thanks a bunch

Quick Reply: These last 2 years.......