Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Today was the first day I've ever sat in and drove an Audi.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 10:04 PM
2nd Gear
Default Today was the first day I've ever sat in and drove an Audi.

Kinda ironic how I've been a member for so long but yes it's true, after all this time of researching and saving I finally felt ready to get really serious about purchasing the A4 soon. I test drove a new A4 2.0T and needless to say my jaw practically droped the second I hit the gas peddle. To be fair though I have not driven any similar sports car (planning on test driving at least a 3 series for comparison) but I'm pretty sure I'm going for this soon. I originally wanted to buy but now I'm considering leasing as the interest rates are low and I can opt for a new car in 3 years(and save a few grand)or stick with this one . I don't plan on doing any major modifications initially since I don't want to void the warrenty anyway.

Right now I'm deciding between getting one with a nav or s-line or neither (probably will go with just nav). The only 2 problems I have is I won't be able to garage it and I will most likely need to learn how to drive stick on this new car. [:@] The guy said the A4 is forgiving but that scares the hell out of me and no I will not consider a tip.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:08 AM
Default RE: Today was the first day I've ever sat in and drove an Audi.

find a friend with an old honda stick and let him teach you for a day, just to get the basic mechanics down. 3-4 hours and you should be able to move around town pretty well, unless you have lots of hills.

Old 05-15-2007, 03:51 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: originalspanksta

find a friend with an old honda stick and let him teach you for a day, just to get the basic mechanics down. 3-4 hours and you should be able to move around town pretty well, unless you have lots of hills.
Not to be a smartass but don't you think I would have thought of this already? None of my friends drive stick and the only people I do know with stick drive cars too expensive for me to learn on anyway. It's not fair that just because I don't know people who like to drive around in ricers means I got to do damage to a brand new tranny

Bah I've had this tranny discussion too many times,I really just need to deal with it apparantly. It's frustrating because I feel like I'm the only person on the planet with this problem. God: please bless me with a new friendthat drivesa pos manual car

Old 05-15-2007, 08:02 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

You chould rent a car with stick. A lot of places still rent econo-boxes with stick shifts, if you ask. Look around. Or you could just do like what I did, and learn how to drive stick on a forklift

Old 05-15-2007, 10:27 AM

ORIGINAL: KiloByte
... It's frustrating because I feel like I'm the only person on the planet with this problem...
You're not the only one with this problem. My gf can't drive a stick either, and doesn't want to learn in my A4... she doesn't want to f*ck up my clutch. I tried teaching her in my old VW. She got it up to 2nd gear once, and that was it.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:58 AM

so y if u cant drive a stick u would want one cause i can drive a stick but i got a tip and it is alot less annoying in traffic and mine is plenty fast but ive done a lil bit but yea

Old 05-15-2007, 12:00 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cyberlogicx

You chould rent a car with stick. A lot of places still rent econo-boxes with stick shifts, if you ask. Look around. Or you could just do like what I did, and learn how to drive stick on a forklift
LOL thats it! I wanna find out where I can rent a manual forklift Could have some fun with that thing after I learn too haha.

ORIGINAL: beast a4

so y if u cant drive a stick u would want one cause i can drive a stick but i got a tip and it is alot less annoying in traffic and mine is plenty fast but ive done a lil bit but yea
Whydo I have to change my preferences just because I don't know someone with a junker manual? I'm not blowing all this money to make compromises... If I were to get a tip I think I'd rather drive an IS300 or something,itjust isn't my thing when it comes to German cars...

Old 05-15-2007, 05:48 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Come down here to abington, ma, i have a key to the forklift at the Wal-Mart here. Just take it to automotive, have them make a copy (they won't even notice if you don't pay for it) and have at it!

Old 05-15-2007, 06:04 PM
4th Gear

See, learning stick. Do it man, its worth the time, you'll pick up on it quickly.

Tip sucks.

Glad you finally got to drive an Audi, and of course like the rest of us, you loved it. What car do you currently drive?

Old 05-15-2007, 07:30 PM
5th Gear

**** it aint gunna hurt it that bad man, i taught my gf in my audi, she damn near drove up a mountain side when she forgot to put the clutch in once but its really not gunna hurt the clutch or car that bad to learn on it

Quick Reply: Today was the first day I've ever sat in and drove an Audi.