Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

towtruck tows B7 A4... on rotors?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Guru

Ghetto, quit while your behind. Palindari won this one bro, pick your battles, pick your battles.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:41 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Good 2000th post!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:00 PM
3rd Gear

Wow this thread has alot of activity....

I dont think it should be this easy for the city to justify causing that kind of damage to someones property. Especially when the wheels were stolen on thanksgiving and the car was towed tuesday.

The Thompson family did alot right as far as i can tell. They filed an insurance claim, notified the police, and even put the police report in the window of the car.

The disgruntled niebor theory has absolutly no backing whatsoever. I too would report a car on the side of the road with no wheels on it. Melvin Petersons intention was not to get the Thompsons car ticked and towed, he was concerned it was STOLEN and wanted it returned to the owner, or the criminals who stole it persued. You can see his reaction in the video, he dosnt seem excited that the mean lady across the street is finally getting what she deserves. Melvin Peterson actually says "they just did a serious amount of damage to this man's car".

And its not like Melvin Peterson knew whose car it was anyway (well at the time). I dont know what kinds of cars my niebors drive. German cars are understated, thats why the S4 is considered a sleeper. Im sure there are plenty of Grey A4's in DC.

Furtermore this happened in a city where people park ON THE STREET. Not everyone has their own driveway or garage, the owner obviously did not have anywhere else to put the car.

You couldnt put donuts on that car even IF there was somewhere to put it, theres a reason it comes with a full-size spare. I cant fit anything smaller than a 17" wheel on my car (with a few exceptions).

Even the time frame is ridiculous. this happened on a holiday at the end of the week, and the car was towed on tuesday. Even if the insurance company got her a check ASAP she cant deposit it on the weekend and wouldnt have access to the money untill just before the car was towed. Let alone enough time to order wheels and get tires mounted.

You cant see the world in black and white. This is no reason to cause tens of thousands of dollars of damages to someones vehicle for somehting like this. This car was towed because it was "too dangerous to be on public space". This ordinance is intended to PROTECT the public, a stationary car on the side of the road poses no danger to anyone. The family wasnt even given a week.

And FWIW cinder blocks are pretty ******* strong i dont know what your smoking. They hold up roofs, we use them to hold up tractors while we fix them, and im damn sure it can hold that little baby audi.

This is gonna end in a lawsuit and the city is going to pay up. If the car was like that for 10 days or more they MIGHT have been justified but this is complete bull.