Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

tv just spazed... any guesses?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 03:33 AM
Default tv just spazed... any guesses?

Just like the title says... Ok, well my bro was in his room watchin tv (normal vacuum tube television) and out of nowhere the whole thing just faded black and has since not come back. We tried unplugging it and replugging it in and stuff and it just does not go on. Volume still works its just the display. Its an older RCA in case anyone knows anything about televisions. I'm playing with the idea that we just need a new one. Rock on if anyone can help me.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:34 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: tv just spazed... any guesses?

Its fecked, New tv time

Old 08-31-2006, 03:43 AM

figured... cant wait to tell the padre

Old 08-31-2006, 04:01 AM
3rd Gear

yea, just had that happen to an old big screen RCA we had. We could get it to turn on, but then it would fizzle out....it got fixed though.

Old 08-31-2006, 04:30 AM
2nd Gear

Probably blew a tube or something. Its probably more worth it just to buy a new TV than to try to fix it.

Old 08-31-2006, 04:48 AM
18T
4th Gear

eh just hit it with a wrench

Old 08-31-2006, 04:52 AM
5th Gear

its toast and probably just as cheap to go buy a new one then try to have it repaired

Old 08-31-2006, 05:17 AM

Wow. 18T wins this one. So random, but right after I posted the last thing my bro came in and asked if I wanted to have a smoke outside.. and not exactly the legal kind. So we came in 30 min later and he wound up sorta tripping and falling into the broke tv. (not the smartest bulb in the box). He just got into bed picked up the remote and it worked. The saddest part is that half an hour later I heard his tv on and sorta wondered if he was just listening to a show or somethingv[&:]. I had to walk in and point out the fact that his tv didnt work 30 minutes before, at which point he became very very happy and excited. After calming him down I decided I would share this miraculous miracle with all of you. Wow... so random.

Old 08-31-2006, 05:11 PM
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: FezA4

Wow. 18T wins this one. So random, but right after I posted the last thing my bro came in and asked if I wanted to have a smoke outside.. and not exactly the legal kind. So we came in 30 min later and he wound up sorta tripping and falling into the broke tv. (not the smartest bulb in the box). He just got into bed picked up the remote and it worked. The saddest part is that half an hour later I heard his tv on and sorta wondered if he was just listening to a show or somethingv[&:]. I had to walk in and point out the fact that his tv didnt work 30 minutes before, at which point he became very very happy and excited. After calming him down I decided I would share this miraculous miracle with all of you. Wow... so random.
rofl thats freeking great