Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

unemployed..what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 12:27 AM
2nd Gear
Default unemployed..what to do?

so i quit my cable job that was driving mecrazyto drive a truck for good year, well the ppl at good year seem to think I have an attitude problem and told me not to return lol, i guess anyone would have an attitude when they feel they are being bent over and treated like a biatch. go get my coffee, pick up my lunch, then they are yelling at me saying i am to slow and when i ask questions like where things are they give me attitude like i am suppose to know where things are on my 4th day on the job, no jobs worth speeding tickets or an accident or being treated like a biatch.
So my options are sell the audi to get out of dept, go back and finish my highschool, which at 22 i should have but thats a different story (if anyone knows of any online courses and class websites plzz msg me about them) and work part time at some place that respects its workers.
my second option is tofind a job that fits my needs, found2 that have the skills i have but its slow season for them so I donno.
*sigh*

Old 10-11-2007, 01:47 AM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: unemployed..what to do?

my advice to you is go back to school. nothing will pay better then your education

Old 10-11-2007, 03:05 AM
3rd Gear

yeah, I would deff. finish high school.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:05 AM
3rd Gear

Or you could sell drugs..... i have heard that pays very well

Old 10-11-2007, 08:56 AM
2nd Gear

good for you for quiting that job i have been there and i hated it

as for high school im not sure about therules where you are but here in denver no high school can take you after you have turned 21 but if that is not the case for you then look into a alternative high school alot of them have night school and will give you credit for working during the day that is what i did after i was expelled from normal high school my freshmen year (long story) but im glad i did it i missed 1 full year of school and i still graduted on time but it sure wasn't no walk in the park working 10-12 hrs a day (in a hardwood floor plant)and going to school for 5 hours after but im glad i toughed it out and did it

Old 10-11-2007, 09:06 AM
1st Gear

Wow, down to earth question. I myself am turning 25 next month and did not graduate high schol myself. Take it from me. If you want to have a well paying job, you need some type of skill. Does not need to be college. But you need some kind of skill. I dropped out of school at like 15 or 16, but got my GED at 17. Yeah, I was one of those knuckleheads. Tried college and found that it is not for me (When people say that colege is not for everyone, it is not a stereotype). Went back to try college second time and finally determined that I am not the colege type when grades dropped below 2.0. Say goodbye to finacial aid.Worked jobs. Dabbled in a little illegal acticity. But now, I am taking electrician courses at a vocational school and this seems to be working just fine for me. If money is an issue, try and look for employment so you don't have to get rid of your Audi plus you will need ride to and from work. Just don't place money into it for the time being (if you do). Just use your money for gas and to pay debt off. If you can, maybe consult a debt consolidation representative.

So, this is my advice:
1. Look for new job (warehouses usually pay good if you can stand the work. they usually drug screen though)
2. Get either High School Diploma or GED(test is not hard at all)
3. Maybe look into some kind of trade if you are not college type like me (construction, heating and air conditioning, electricians, cdl license, etc) or go to college
4. Learn from mistakes and learn not to make thema monotonous behavior pattern
5.Consult a debt consolodation rep (but you will need income)
6. Take care of yourself

-Peace!

Old 10-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: 01A4T

Or you could sell drugs..... i have heard that pays very well
no good. the reitrement plan only has two options:
[ol][*]death by gunfire (Cop or rival dealer/organization, doesn't matter)[*]Jail (this is your a$$hole - o, this is your a$$hole in jail - O)[/ol]
Go back and finish your H.S.
Check the local Community Colleges online offerings. My daughter was in the same boat, last year, and took a couple classes at the local CC, and a couple online, also at the CC.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

good advise.

it's sad that when we are young, vulnerable and inexperienced,we're faced to make decisions that affect the rest of our lives. nobody wants to listen to their parents or any other adult who says that education and good grades are important....but the old people are wise!! yes. sometimes school sucks, but anything worth having is worth working for. i don't think you're ever too old to improve yourself and by doing so, you not only make yourself more valuable to others, but you feel better about yourself. and soon, you become more willing to push yourself again to reach another goal.

good luck.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:35 PM
1st Gear

yeah man i would definately finnish high school in like night school or something and work an easy job in the meantime to work on your debt. you will be so thankful when you get your diploma, even for the sheer accomplishment of it. on graduation day (class of 2007, wooo!!) when i was handed my diploma it felt like a million bucks let me tell you. in high school i was kind of a screw off for a while and i almost didn't graduate. i got really involved with drugs and other things that i didn't need to be messing with, but i pulled it together and graduated and now im in a good university working toward my degree. you can do it if you really work hard and put your mind to it. good luck with whatever you choose man

Old 10-12-2007, 04:09 AM
4th Gear

Guess im lucky seening as how I have

No GED/Diploma
College Courses

and I make 42K a year....

Quick Reply: unemployed..what to do?