AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   We got it easy. (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/we-got-easy-5175/)

karguy427 01-22-2005 05:48 AM

RE: We got it easy.

"I don't understand why the......."

Nothing personal, SlimChriz, but if you were standing in front of me talking like that, I would politely ask you to tone down the harsh language. Try to think of other adjectives you can use instead of......
Frankly, I tend to stay away from topics on the forum that seem to attract those kind of responses.

SlimChriz 01-22-2005 06:24 AM

Yeah I understand its nothing personal but if you knew me and asked that, it would be personal...Right? I’d probably laugh at you if you politely asked and swing at you if it was otherwise.

Honestly I think if you guys knew me in the flesh I think you would understand that the way I talk is not offensive but its just the way I am its part of me. yah know?

I’m not going to change because the "general population" doesn’t approve of me or my vocabulary if you see something you don’t like in my post you have the right to report me the forum authorities or moderators. I heard of no reports so far so I’d have to assume that my conduct is not offensive. I’m not challenging anyone but if you want to play the zealot and monitor my posts I’m sure ill give you enough cannon fodder.

karguy427 01-24-2005 03:30 AM

ORIGINAL: SlimChriz

Yeah I understand its nothing personal but if you knew me and asked that, it would be personal...Right? I’d probably laugh at you if you politely asked and swing at you if it was otherwise.

Honestly I think if you guys knew me in the flesh I think you would understand that the way I talk is not offensive but its just the way I am its part of me. yah know?

I’m not going to change because the "general population" doesn’t approve of me or my vocabulary if you see something you don’t like in my post you have the right to report me the forum authorities or moderators. I heard of no reports so far so I’d have to assume that my conduct is not offensive. I’m not challenging anyone but if you want to play the zealot and monitor my posts I’m sure ill give you enough cannon fodder.

Good argument, but you are assuming that those who read your posts have the same values that you do. Let me pose a question - do you 'edit' your language based on who is within earshot - children for instance? This would be common practice for most of us. Well with the intenet, ANYBODY can be within 'earshot'. I just think we should take more care with what we 'say' (post). I was posting one day on this forum and 'zinged' someone with a comment, just trying to be funny. My printed comment came across a lot stronger than I meant it to, and someone called me on it, as they should.

David_K 01-24-2005 03:33 AM

"Damn-it!"
*Overhearing son* "*gasp*
"What? Oh, are you gonna go tell mom im cussin' in the house? Well SHIT!"

sfordeso 01-25-2005 04:45 PM

so why is it so wrong to actually spell the word. but f*** or even [sm=wtf.gif] are ok.

Jestnomen 01-25-2005 06:11 PM

Think of it this way david...

You get mad when people say Jesus because it is offensive. If someone says that It doesn't matter to me. I've seen you ask people not to use that word in a negative context. Isn't it kind of hypocritical to swear in a forum when it is offensive to some?

audiboy1618 01-25-2005 06:52 PM

Good point jesty, thats offensive to me also. I dont know why people are making a big deal about swearing on here and what not. Most of it really doesnt bother me but im sure alot of people does it when there reading down through a thread. Why is that so hard for some you to comprehend? If you feel that your cool and all that you do swear in a public forum then grow up and realize your not the only one around.

David_K 01-25-2005 10:12 PM

hey hey hey....i have noithing against not cussin. i can do it.

brrman 01-28-2005 05:28 PM

Is it all that hard "not" to type four extra characters? Can't people express themselves without adding extraneous words that might offend someone? I doubt that cussing impresses anyone, so why do people do it during typical conversation? Of course there's a time and a place for it, but common conversation doesn't need it.

Personally, I don't get upset when I see someone swear in the forums, but I do unconcsiously form judgements about people who do it constantly. Have you ever met someone for the first time who says the f-bomb every third word out of their mouth? The person sounds like a freakin neanderthal. I dunno about you, but I don't associate with neaderthals very much.

SlimChriz 01-30-2005 05:55 AM

I dont know anyone on here that swears frequently or even every third post... If you guys judge people by the way they they talk that is your problem.. people grow up in different sub-cultures in which different things are excepted and rejected. Your right it doesnt make you cool to swear but for some people its just a word and some people beleive that if a certain word bothers you to a point that you cant ignore it then maybe your the one who needs help. Personaly I dont mind not using this word because others seem to be obsessed with it but it but it is a part of my vocabulary that I use and when I do no one is offended.

My issue is not really with the F word though its with censorship in general. Maybe Im crazy or maybe everyone else is just brainwashed by society but letting the government protect me from myself or decide what me or my kids should or should not see or hear just sounds like a bad idea to me. I mean should you be able to decide if you want your kids to see breast on tv or hear the word shit on the radio? isnt it the parents job to make these decisions? And what about me shouldnt it be my choice if I wanna hear howards sterns profanity or not?
Personaly its kinda scary to me...

What do you guys think?