Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to buy for the Audi?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 08:29 PM
3rd Gear
Default What to buy for the Audi?

I got a 15% off coupon for the parts counter at the local dealership.
So what should I get?
I do need a gallon of G12, just to have on hand.
My windshield wiper blades are original since I bought the car, which means they have 130K+ miles of all weather abuse on them.
I might be needing a front right wheel bearing soon... cause I'm hearing that humming sound on the left curves on the highway.
So basically that and/or whatever I can't get for at least 15% less than the dealer price at ECS or 034 or where ever else. Any suggestions?

Old 12-18-2008, 02:01 AM
5th Gear

GTFO, you don't have the original blades from 2000 still on the car. idk wut else you should get cuz there's rly nothing appealing at the dealership besides the cars and the s4 mirrors lol

Old 12-18-2008, 05:31 AM
2nd Gear

lol.....new wiper blades are less than 20 bucks at walmart...we have the michelin blades on both our cars and they work great...get the G12, and a balljoint

and you could buy me the drivers side seat leather.......mines ripped, so my heater doesnt work evenly, and my airbag light is on, BUT good news, my mother in law is buying me the seat leather for christmas...(sorry bout jacking yer thread) LOL

Old 12-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Guru

Wheel bearing. I had two that went bad several months ago and now one more went bad. I'm thinkin' about just gettin one off of a Cummins Dodge. It'll never go bad again!

Old 12-18-2008, 02:16 PM
SoCal Crew Member/White Devil

^hahaha I know the feeling and the wheel bearings suck *** to replace.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:33 PM
1st Gear

Is there an expiration date? If not, I would hold onto it until you're really in a bind and need to get a part ASAP, where you can't wait for the shipping from an online retailer.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by Superdug
^hahaha I know the feeling and the wheel bearings suck *** to replace.
Yeah it'll be $150 total if I just bring the spindle to my mechanic. So that's what I'm probably going to do.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:51 PM
3rd Gear

Sorry m6amba, I don't see how a replacing a good ball joint is going to stop a wheel bearing from getting worse... and besides, the ball joints are part of the control arm kit, which I did just last year about this time. I did a rear wheel bearing using my buddy's 20 ton press this summer. Guess I'll have to see if he's up for helping out with another.

And Yes!!! the wiper blades are still the O.E. ones. Through 8 New England winters... I drive the car year-round. I've been through more sets of tires and timing belts than wiper blades!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:56 PM

huh...I am thinking even with 15% off, the prices wont beat online pricing...

besides that...I use bosch icon wipers and replace them yearly....i have never had wipers last as long as yours....

Old 12-18-2008, 08:22 PM
5th Gear

ditto. icons, usually replaced mid winter after i get frustrated with them not working as well as they used to.

Is the dealer coupon really worth it? Seems like everything is marked up 20% over aftermarket, so even with the coupon, you're still paying 5% more than you could if you just went online.

Talk to Joe at Axis motorsport, see what kind of prices he can get you. He's local for me, which is really handy, and he's really competitive with even the bigger audi part sites.