Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do u think of the new NHL rules?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 04:29 AM
Default What do u think of the new NHL rules?

Ive been following the new season and i have to say that the new rules make the game more exciting. I went to the first of many games i will see on friday and it was very exciting. The fast breaks and smaller goalie pads as well as the goalie trap behind the net, it all adds up for more excitement.

Old 10-17-2005, 04:33 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: What do u think of the new NHL rules?

I don't watch NHL so I don't know but how bout them Astros. St. Louis is going down buddy.

Old 10-17-2005, 04:38 AM
Banned

SurD!

Old 10-17-2005, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: flyboy

I don't watch NHL so I don't know but how bout them Astros. St. Louis is going down buddy.
I dont care about that series. I was rooting for the Angles and was at last nights game. Horrible umpiring. Im mad there out but no im done with baseball, Just wish the Red Sox could have won again.

Old 10-17-2005, 09:42 PM
4th Gear

What new rules?

Old 10-17-2005, 10:32 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8672777/

Old 10-17-2005, 10:53 PM
2nd Gear

here is what i think

Old 10-17-2005, 10:58 PM
4th Gear

LOVE the new rules! makes for more scoring and fast pase game. lets whistles. only thing i dont like is that goalie box.

Old 10-17-2005, 11:51 PM

yea, i dont like the goalie thing either although it does make it so its harder for the goalie to get the puck and stop the game.

Old 10-18-2005, 01:59 AM
3rd Gear

I have to say that I love all the new rules except one...but more on that later. I think after two weeks, they've already stopped calling obstruction again. I just watched Paul Mara pin some Calgary guy against the boards when the puck was eight feet away. That kind of interference is already back. I always thought they wouldn't keep it up, but still. Two weeks is ridiculous.
And the kicker: I don't really like the shootout. I thought I would, but it's so gimmicky, and I have yet to see a good one. While the other rules (except the weird goalie trapezoid) are logical addendums to the rules that allow the game to be played to its fullest extent, the shootout is just some relic from hockey lore. The league heads were desperate to draw more fans, and they decided that shootouts are the ultimate primetime showdown. I dunno what it is about it, but they're never as exciting as they should be.
The goalie trapezoid is to keep the goalie from getting dump-ins and passing them out of the zone without any offensive action. It's kinda stupid though, because the majority of the time he's stopping the dump directly behind the net and getting rid of it anyway. If anything, the goalie should be allowed to play it everywhere but that trapezoid. That way he could make breakout passes on powerplays but would be powerless to stop dump-ins.

I should be commissioner.

Grouse,

Quick Reply: What do u think of the new NHL rules?