Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the strangest thing you've found in your car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 11:22 PM
2nd Gear
Default What's the strangest thing you've found in your car?

Today after school, I finally found the time to detail the interior of my car, vaccuum everything and get it nice and clean. I found a couple of strange things in the car. I am the second owner of the car, so I suppose the items belong to the previous owner.

The first item was a Christmas card. Inside the card it says, "There's a song that says 'You must have been a beautiful baby. And look at you now.'" It's signed by Grandpa. I had the trunk carpeting out because I was vaccuuming it out and taking out all the pine needles from my backpacking trip a couple 3 weeks ago, when I decided to look and see if there was any money that had fallen back behind the rear seats, in the little space between the body and the seats, from people sitting in the back seats. The outside of the card caught my eye and I reached in and grabbed it.

The second item, also found in the same detailing job, was peanut butter. Thats right, peanut butter. I found it smeared on the upper portion of the clutch pedal arm, so it was obscured from my view until I had my head in the pedal area. I guess thats not a problem so long as I don't find a peanut butter sandwich stuffed under the dash. Maybe that's why I find ants in my car from time to time (I don't allow food in the car, unless it is mine. But even then it stays in the bag and I don't eat/drink it.).

So how about you guys? What's the wierdest thing you've ever found in your car?

Old 08-18-2005, 12:36 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: What's the strangest thing you've found in your car?

I found me in it one day, and I'm pretty odd..........

Old 08-18-2005, 12:48 AM
5th Gear

haha, I bought my trans am from a guy who I had suspected was a drug dealer... when detailing it, I found several unidentified pills throughout the car (mainly under the rear seats) -- and underneath the rubber grommet around the e-brake handle, there were papers stashed away. God knows what else was in the car -- I didn't own it very long.

I recently bought my girlfriend a 90 honda civic off ebay, for like 600 bucks CDN... and in the trunk (on top of the spare tire) was a plastic bag full of tools. a 1/4 and 3/8" ratchet, and several sockets and wrenches. All mastercraft and craftsman -- lifetime warranty! lol

Old 08-18-2005, 01:23 AM
1st Gear

Back in 1974, I picked up a '72 BMW 3.0 CSI at an estate auction. I'd been driving it for a month or so, and while driving and daydreaming I was playing around with the e-brake boot between the two front bucket seats. Hmmm...felt something in there...When I got back to my place I peeled the boot off, and holy sh*t!, a little Baretta .32ACP 'palm pistol' was in there!
Still got the Baretta, wish to hell I still had the CSI...

Old 08-18-2005, 01:36 AM
1st Gear

I found a booger the other day, right on the front of my seat, right where i put them.

And I found a binding part in my ski bag, last owner must have had a loose nut, Wondered why it was a pain in the **** to close

Old 08-18-2005, 01:53 AM
2nd Gear

a dead hooker in the trunk. now that was just weird

Old 08-18-2005, 02:21 AM
4th Gear

found my ex.

Old 08-18-2005, 02:58 AM

i found the millennium falcon underneath the seat of my jeep. you know, like han solo and chewbacca were flying around my jeep being chased by the Empire's star destroyer while on a mission to take down the Death Star and hopefully kill Darth Vader (a.k.a. Anakin Skywalker) in the process. of course Darth Vader escapes so he can tell Luke that he is his father later in a sequal. or it was just a plastic model that got crammed in there at one point during the 80s.

Old 08-18-2005, 03:16 AM
2nd Gear

Maybe it was the part in The Empire Strikes Back where the Falcon is hiding in that asteriod belt and lands in the cave/monster. Was your jeep a monster?

Good find NightFlight... does it shoot any good? I'm not a big fan of palm pistols, but I am an overall fan of guns in general. Next year anyone looking in my trunk will find a rifle. That is, once I buy one. I want to get a Remington 700 either .308win or .300magnum.

ETA: I just realized I'm in danger of hijacking my own thread. ^

Old 08-18-2005, 03:23 AM

Was your jeep a monster?
it was nicknamed "the beast" if thats any indication..

Quick Reply: What's the strangest thing you've found in your car?