Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is why I hate Volvo : )

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 09:11 PM
1st Gear
Default This is why I hate Volvo : )

There idiots! haha.... In this months Car and Driver (the one with the yellow Z06 on the front) Volvos got some faulty advertiseing! One page 100 there the test results of the new Volvo S60R AWD allong wiht the others they tested. Any how the Volvo tested ran to 60 in 6.4 seconds... Now if u trun to page 123, Volvo has a nice big color ad for the car, ans it claims that it has a 0 to 60 in 5.4 seconds! haha, what bullsh*t! Im gonna go to a Volvo dealer and laugh at them

-bean

Old 09-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Administrator
Default RE: This is why I hate Volvo : )

what options were on each one.. maybe you should check and see what was on the one they tested.. I dont know if the S60R comes with out AWD, but maybe thats how they did it... and it could happen like that.. but I dunno

Old 09-16-2005, 10:47 PM
4th Gear

"The S60R delivered 60mph in 6.4 seconds and a quarter-mile in 14.6 seconds at 98 mph. That's heaps slower than the last S60R we tested, which hit 60 in 5.5 seconds. We can only surmise that the desert heat, which various cars' outside-temp guages reported as being from 98 degress to 116, played havoc with the intercooler performance."

Read the f*cking magazine and stop just looking at the pretty pictures you dumbass. Keep your stupid comments to yourself. With this excellent observation, I'd love to hear what other reasons you have for hating Volvo. Maybe you'd like to bring out some further jaw dropping discoveries to back up your well thought out opinion. asshat.

Old 09-16-2005, 10:50 PM
4th Gear

Haha, no offense beaner. But you made urself out to be a asshat. You really think a mag like car and driver would make sure a stupid error?

Old 09-16-2005, 11:26 PM
3rd Gear

I love Volvos. I had one before I bought my A6 and wouldn't have any problem going back to one. Never once in the shop for service. I wouldn't mind driving one of the R's either. My friend has one and it is one fast mother. I like them a lot.

Old 09-16-2005, 11:30 PM

I drove teh S60R AWD at the california interntaional car show. They had 2 of them and a s40 that u could drive around a little autocross track. I thought it drove great.

Old 09-17-2005, 01:05 AM
dan
2nd Gear

I'd never heard the term asshat before, until like last week when a co-worked was venting about another guy in the company, now I see it here. Classic heh.

Old 09-17-2005, 01:06 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: dan

I'd never heard the term asshat before, until like last week when a co-worked was venting about another guy in the company, now I see it here. Classic heh.

Its amazing how such Ultra words make huge circulation

Old 09-17-2005, 01:15 AM
1st Gear

yeah C&D would never make a mistake like that, especially with a vehical they have an endorsment for in their mag. did you have a volo in your past that may have triggered this uncompromising hate???? maybe an x-gf's lover drove a volvo...........or is it the volvo tax that the bush admin. brought in.............perhaps you were jilted at the alter by an s60.......or maybe you've been pro volvo all this time and your having some trouble comming out of the closet.........or should i say the trunk........don't run away from your feelings beaner.......embrace them!!!!!

[sm=joke.gif]

Old 09-17-2005, 01:18 AM

ORIGINAL: 4dot

yeah C&D would never make a mistake like that, especially with a vehical they have an endorsment for in their mag. did you have a volo in your past that may have triggered this uncompromising hate???? maybe an x-gf's lover drove a volvo...........or is it the volvo tax that the bush admin. brought in.............perhaps you were jilted at the alter by an s60.......or maybe you've been pro volvo all this time and your having some trouble comming out of the closet.........or should i say the trunk........don't run away from your feelings beaner.......embrace them!!!!!
Hahaha ^^^^^ funny post
LMAO

Quick Reply: This is why I hate Volvo : )