Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I needed a ride home! (ranty?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 04:49 AM
Default Why I needed a ride home! (ranty?)

So, I picked my brother up from school today (7th grade, 12yo) at 2:50pm and I went for a drive, my parents are in san fran shopping for a wedding ring(valentines day deal)..so it's just my brother and I ...so I started driving around redding( I am new to the town), and then I get on the 299east, and then I make a left, because i wanted to go to a town called big bend(for absolutely no reason), well it was an incredibly shltty place, so we kept going and ended up in nowhereland, then we saw a sign that said welcome to shasta-trinity national forest!
So I think canyons oh boy!(1998 a4 b5 quattro) So we drove through about 15 miles or so, before we come to snow. My brother asked if we could do it and I said, "of coarse, we have Quattro!"...So we drive right up on the snow on a pretty steep uphill deal, and we were cruising pretty good, for probably a quarter of a mile and then, kerrplunkt, the car sunk into a couple feet of snow and the entire chasis of the car is supported by the snow at this time it is 5:10pm, by the way, it is the middleof winter in a national forest and the sun will go down in 30 minutes!...There was no way we were gonna walk, and I have my little brother crying (probably because I was yelling pretty loudly at the situationand he was the only one around.
So the hike began, there are NO houses in National Forests and in the middle of winter there were no people either, now this was a hike, downhill through icy canyons for 15 miles! (oh, and I did not know where i was and my cell did not have service, and I wasn't going to call 911 and end up with ambulances and firetrucks because i got my car stuck in the snow) SO we walked for probably two and a half hours and we even jogged/ran, because it was cold!....We finally made it to the bottom of the road and walked up a steep drive and met an old man named frank and then his wife made up penut butter and jelly sandwiches and then we all piled in an old dodge pick-up and almost died ten times while the old lady swerved off the road and told me about her grandchildren while my little brother slept. we got home at 10:30pm.
well that is why I needed a ride home, I'll pick up the car tomorrow.....

Old 02-03-2007, 05:20 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Why I needed a ride home! (ranty?)

damn man that sucks

Old 02-03-2007, 06:02 AM

That does suck, you should put a lift kit on your car.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:06 AM
5th Gear

watch those high centers, they're a doozy

glad to hear nobody lost any extremities

Old 02-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Senior Administrator

AND, you got a PB&J!!! NUTHIN beats a PB&J!!! Next time you decide to jow ride in th snow, in a forest, stop at a convenience store and pick up a bag, or two, of "quick-melt," or whatever it's called in your neck of the woods (pun intended)! But, you know that now, huh? Or, buy a heavier Audi. I hear prices are coming down dramaticallyon the D2's! 2-tons of FUN (and s****y gas mileage)!

Old 02-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

glad to hear everything worked out.... PB&J - you scored !

at least no one was hurt...& u got a "Rocky" workout out of it. [:-]

Old 02-03-2007, 05:49 PM

yeah, the pb&j was amazing, since I hadn't eaten all day, It was extra amazing...Plus the jelly was homemade (peach)...my brother can't stop talking about it, now i just need to get the car back!...when my parents get back I have to head up there, I would go now with my truck, but my little brother refuses to go anywhere near big bend for the rest of his life, and I can't leave him alone....my little brother and i both have a limp today, because of our "hike" last night....maybe I should bag the A4 so that if I ever get stuck I just hit the switch and bunp it up a foot....Hopefully this becomes a classic tale of my stupidity...but for now i just feel like an ***....My little brother decided that last night was actually fun...he said that we met new people (frank and darvis) and we got an amazing dinner, he learned alot about "survival" and staying posative in a bad situation and we got to spend alot of time together, at least he had fun...haha

Old 02-03-2007, 06:15 PM
4th Gear

Tell him its time to have another super adventure and when its over he can have a triple stack pb&j.

Old 02-03-2007, 06:33 PM

haha, He's not buying it, the funny part is that I almost picked up one of my lil bros friends yesterday for a sleep over deal, imagine if i had two crying twlve year olds, I'd bet i would be put in jail, hahaha

Old 02-03-2007, 08:42 PM
3rd Gear

Hey go back for some of the jelly . Glad you got out of the ordeal though.

I bet your will laugh about it later but it sucks in general when your ride is stuck. I've got a similar story when we decided to go off roading in my buddies '92? two-door Explorer. We crossed some pretty steep railroad tracks and on the way back we were gonna cross again and go stuck. We ended up getting towed off when one of my buddies came to the rescue with his Expedition. We sort of laugh about it even though it sucked. What was even worse was that down the track, the track height got smaller and would have been much easier to cross, but it was dark and we didn't notice 'till later. [:'(] The whole thing lasted a couple hours.

Quick Reply: Why I needed a ride home! (ranty?)