AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   WTF? Saturated Timing Belt (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/wtf-saturated-timing-belt-124525/)

headshok2002 02-04-2009 01:38 PM

Pwned. Those guys will hate you forever... but feck 'em. I hate it when dealerships reveal themselves to be stealerships.
My dealer is good... I've never had any issues with 'em. I'd go so far as to say their service centre is excellent... having gone above and beyond the call of duty for me in the past.

Carlos10704 02-04-2009 01:46 PM

ok well I just got a call from the Audi service center and they said they are going to get as much as they can covered under the warranty. They said that they timing belt IS covered under warranty since the water pump caused the problem... but they said that the Pullys are the only thing I would have to pay for since it doesn't get damaged by the coolant. so the price went from 900 to 400.... so I called customer relations again and they said they are going to check if the pullys should be covered and get back to me

headshok2002 02-04-2009 02:36 PM

It should be like 100 bucks max if you have to pay for anything that falls under the 'preventative' or 'maintenance' thing... because the timing belt job requires like 300 in parts. That includes the tensioners, belt, water pump, and coolant. If the pullies are bad, then that is premature and should also be under your warranty. You don't replace pullies on the timing belt job, and the job is usually done at 80k miles or so. You've obviously got well under that.

ImTheDevil 02-04-2009 11:13 PM

The tensioners and pulleys are part of the maintenance procedure. I'd think they should be covered too. Add in that you have this warranty for a reason, and you shouldn't be paying for a single thing.

Carlos10704 02-04-2009 11:33 PM

when I wake up tomorrow I'm gonna call Nicole at Customer Relations and tell her their trying to make me pay for the pullys and tensioners which are part of the timing belt replacement procedure... I just want my damn car or at least a loaner until this shit is over

driftking8732 02-05-2009 07:22 PM

see look, help when u need it......... what was your plan if the forum was an option.

headshok2002 02-05-2009 07:33 PM

Let us know how you made out with Nicole... Isn't a loaner car covered when you have Audi assured warranty? If you bought the car there, it should definitely be covered.

somebody5788 02-05-2009 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by headshok2002 (Post 1036495)
It should be like 100 bucks max if you have to pay for anything that falls under the 'preventative' or 'maintenance' thing... because the timing belt job requires like 300 in parts. That includes the tensioners, belt, water pump, and coolant. If the pullies are bad, then that is premature and should also be under your warranty. You don't replace pullies on the timing belt job, and the job is usually done at 80k miles or so. You've obviously got well under that.

He has a 3.0 not a 1.8t. Parts go from 300 to 600 for a full timing belt job.

headshok2002 02-05-2009 08:01 PM

Aye, right you are.
Still though, they're quoting 400... and we know they have to pay for the belt, coolant, and waterpump.

The rest of my argument is valid...

I owned my 3.0 for all of 6 months, and sold it with like 40k miles so I never got into timing belt costs. :)

Carlos10704 02-05-2009 08:40 PM

ok so here's the update, Nicole called me up while I was in my $40 cab ride to the dealership to pick up my car.... she told me she talked to the Service Manager and everything that is related to the timing belt was going to be covered under the warranty, which include pullys and tensioners. When I got to the service center I didn't say anything about the phone call I just received, I just told them I was there to pick up my loaner. They took my license and credit card and then told me I have to be 25 to get a loaner cuz its "state law"... I was like WTF! I just spent $40 to get my ass over here and DRIVE AWAY with a car... long story short I ended up going to the Enterprise a few blocks down and getting a crappy Ford Focus at a discounted rate because my car was at the Audi Service Center.... Enterprise took a $350 deposit because of my age, but I'm getting that back when I bring my car back. and all I'm getting charge is $60 for the car... Ugh I hate this place.. I shoulda just took it to the Riverside Audi Service Center, they never gave me problems... Let's hope they stick to what they told customer relations tomorrow when I pick up my car and its time to pay