Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yuck

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Site Moderator
Default Yuck

Ever seen that epsisode of South Park where Stans dad takes the biggest poop and shows it off to his friends?

Well

I quit smoking 8 days ago, and just coughed up what I believe to be a record breaking/nastiest loogieever to be coughed up by anyone in history. I appologize though, I dont have pics [] But Ive been franticaly searching the net for preservation procedures so I can pass itdown for generations to come.

Moral: If you smoke, quit, if only for the magnificent loogies that are sure to impress.

Merry Xmas

Old 12-23-2007, 12:32 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Yuck

Um... wow. That's pretty nasty. But congratulations on quitting smoking - I myself quit on July 13 of this year! I went completely cold turkey. The turning point for me was when I realized I couldn't breathe as deeply as I could before; back when I used to play saxophone every day in high school band, I built up about a 5-litre lung capacity. Then after smoking for a few years, I couldn't breathe in much more than maybe half of that. I'd go to take a deep breath, and well before I was expecting my lungs to be full, I would suddenly feel stopped up and unable to take in any more air. Kind of freaked me out, so I finally put them down for good.

Congratulations again on quitting, and on your awesome loogie!

Old 12-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Site Moderator

Yup, thats exactly how I felt too. Go to take a deep breath and hit a wall. One other symptom of smoking I had was waking up in the mornings with a racing/pounding heart beat. Ive quit/started back up smoking a couple times in the past, and that symptom always went away after quiting. I feel like I get better rest and can breath/smell/taste better already. Im going to stick with it this time. Im almost 30 and need to start doing things a little different health wise so I can hopefulyprolong my life a little. The cravings arent bad at all, amazingly. In the past week Ive only had a few that subside pretty quick. Im doing this cold turkey. Last time nicorette helped, but I didnt REALLY want to quit then. I do now. Sorry for the loogie joke, I know its nasty, but is all part of reminding myself how nasty the habbit is.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:29 PM
4th Gear

Damn right it's nasty. And I agree that a big part of quitting successfully is really, deep down, WANTING to quit. You have to decide, once and for all, that you are DONE smoking - otherwise you'll probably start up again after a while. Also, I read somewhere that drinking a glass of icewater can help get rid of a craving when it crops up. It definitely helped me. I think it has something to do with the fact that nicotine addiction is caused by the increase in temperature it causes in certain parts of the brain stem; and drinking ice water counters that with a pleasant-feeling decrease in temperature. Or maybe it's just effective at distracting you from the craving - either way, a glass of ice water is better than a cigarette!

Old 12-23-2007, 04:10 PM
4th Gear

never smoked in my life.....i rely on drinking

Old 12-23-2007, 04:14 PM
4th Gear

I smoke cigars.. I never inhale. But last night, I got tanked.. I smoked alot.. ******* clothes smell disgusting.

+1 cigarettes are gross.. occasional cigars ftw!

Old 12-23-2007, 04:19 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: AUDIjp98

never smoked in my life.....i rely on drinking
Hehe. +1.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:55 PM
3rd Gear

Congrats!

Old 12-23-2007, 09:57 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Yup, thats exactly how I felt too. Go to take a deep breath and hit a wall. One other symptom of smoking I had was waking up in the mornings with a racing/pounding heart beat. Ive quit/started back up smoking a couple times in the past, and that symptom always went away after quiting. I feel like I get better rest and can breath/smell/taste better already. Im going to stick with it this time. Im almost 30 and need to start doing things a little different health wise so I can hopefulyprolong my life a little. The cravings arent bad at all, amazingly. In the past week Ive only had a few that subside pretty quick. Im doing this cold turkey. Last time nicorette helped, but I didnt REALLY want to quit then. I do now. Sorry for the loogie joke, I know its nasty, but is all part of reminding myself how nasty the habbit is.
Seems like I can use the help of you guys for quiting smoking as well (apart from info on Audis)... I am a sort of a heavy smoker, with consumption of 20-30 cigs a day. I want to quit, but can't really. In my previous workplace (a large law-firm), everyone smoked in offices and everywhere, and in 7 yrs woking there, I pretty much became one of them

I will need you guys one day, as my GF is bothered with this habbit. Unless, I get her to start smoking

Old 12-24-2007, 02:11 AM
Administrator

Congratulations on quiting smoking.

I hope it all goes well.

Quick Reply: Yuck