Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

AutoX / Solo

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 01:59 AM
3rd Gear
Default AutoX / Solo

Well lately Ive been learning more about Autocross or as the SCCA calls it Solo. I just thought Id share with the rest of you what Ive learned

Basically for solo2 events you dont have to be a club member just show up and register and its up to you put your vehicle in the right class here is a link to an unoficial class thing...
http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/Solo/c...sification.pdf then look here
http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/Solo/2...rClass2004.pdf

to find the region you in try look here. After you find your region look at the caleder of events to see when the next Solo event is
http://www.scca.com/Inside/Index.asp...gionalSites&~=

the following is borrowed from the SCCA website
SCCA Solo events, often set up in parking lots or any place with a large expanse of pavement, are all about a driver's ability to accurately and precisely maneuver around a pylon-marked course in the fastest time possilble.

If you think you have what it takes to beat the clock and your fellow drivers, then show up an SCCA Solo event. Prove that you're as good as your car looks, that you have what it takes to go fast. Don't think your car is up to it? Show up anyway. Chances are someone will show you the ropes behind the wheel of theirs.

SOLO 2
SCCA Solo 2 is low cost, low risk motorsport. No competition license or roll bars are required - just add helmet. With over 1,500 SCCA Solo events each year for all levels of driver skill and car preperation, you'll have the chance to guage yourself against drivers from next door or across the Country.

SOLO 1
If you're looking for a high-speed driving test and don't want to rub your pristine fendors agains others, check out Solo1. Pure and simple, it's your against the clock, ond driver at a time. Events take place on race tracks, old airports, even up mountains. (requiers full safety gear) Too see what Gear is required for theese events look here
www.fuckIcantFindThisLink.org Basically fire retardent suit and rollbars

ProSOLO
The Tire Rack ProSolo Championship combines the excitement of drag racing with the challenge of SCCA Solo. Much like the local drag strip, competitrors stage side-by-side waiting for the green light before they battle head-to-head on mirror image courses. This is the ultimate Solo Championship. Losers are eliminated. Winner's advance.(requiers full racing gear)

If you have any questions check out The SCCA forums

http://www.scca.org/garage/forum/default.asp

Old 08-21-2004, 04:32 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: AutoX / Solo

You're my hero...

Old 08-21-2004, 04:45 AM
3rd Gear

lol a little side note here once you chip your car/raise the boost you only qualify for street modified... but they may or may not count that depending on how strict your area is

Old 10-03-2004, 06:18 PM

why the hell would you tell them that?

Old 10-04-2004, 03:44 PM
2nd Gear

just autocrossed yesterday in my a4 for the first time. it is a blast . to let you know it puts a good amount of stress on your car. for car inspection they just pop your hood and look to see if amy mods are on it aka any turbo on a non turbo car. didn't ask me if i had any mods. this was the last one held by a club in ME till next year so no more this year. next year i might sign up to be a club member and do more runs.

ps cone duty sucks

Old 10-04-2004, 07:22 PM
3rd Gear

LOL yah it does but it helps you see the way the course is suposed to be run.... and occasionaly how not to run the course...

BTW Dave they put me in STS which is much easyer

Old 10-04-2004, 11:55 PM

yeah STS is entry class right?

do you know the clases/ranks

Old 10-05-2004, 01:16 AM
3rd Gear

Look at the first couple of links in the original post they will tell you how to class your car....thats why I put them there....

STS is street tire sumthin er other

Old 10-05-2004, 11:29 AM
2nd Gear

i was in gs. sts is the next step up slightly modified. after reading the info on this page http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/Solo/c...sification.pdf i should have been in sp i have a larger throttle body. oh well it was my firs time and they didn't ask if i had any mods. next time i will speak up.

Old 10-05-2004, 07:00 PM
3rd Gear

Yeah like I said its your responsibilty to put yourself in the right class, That being said when your a beginer it doesnt really matter because all the the hardcore SCCA guys will stomp you no matter what class your in.

I would stick to GS if I were you a larger throtle body is not gonna give you much of an edge... its not techicaly right but there are lighter faster cars than the A4 in your class

Quick Reply: AutoX / Solo