Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

AutoX / Solo

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 11:38 PM
Default RE: AutoX / Solo

since all my new mods are internal im gonna try and run in GS. Bwaahaahaaahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Old 10-06-2004, 01:28 AM
3rd Gear

Well you have a little bit of an advantage but it shouldnt matter the first few times

Old 10-06-2004, 02:32 AM

yeah im good going straight but curvey is a different story

Old 10-06-2004, 02:39 AM
3rd Gear

well a little advice try to be smooth and try not to bog it or get out of your powerband

The hardest thing for me is staying on the course damn cones are all look the same Id rather do a road course

Old 03-14-2005, 10:49 PM
1st Gear

I am a chronic Autocrosser. I race a 400RWHP RX-7 and sometimes take my '03 Mini CooperS JCW out to play.

I am VERY tempted to take the wifes A-6 out for a spin. Maybe the next time it rains.

If you want to get serious about AutoX remember this one thing.

"A car is as fast as the driver can make it... "

This is Evolution Performance Driving Schools motto.

I have taken their courses and improved so drastically that other drivrs were asking what I did to my car. LOL!!

This is by far the best money you can invest in you're car.... the driver.
http://www.autocross.com/evolution/

Old 03-15-2005, 09:47 PM
3rd Gear

I auto-x wiht Bruce Bellom up here in NY...he is an amazing driver!!!!!nice guy too!

--E

Old 08-02-2006, 04:16 PM
1st Gear

I've been auto-xing on and off for 15 years....I'll try to get some vids hosted of the little TT in action if you guys would care to see them. [8D]

Old 10-18-2006, 02:51 AM
1st Gear

ST classes are not national competition classes if I remember correctly.

If you mod the turbo pressure (chip), you are technically in SM.

No one usually cares what you have done to your car or if you lie, but if you're competing nationally, get ready for them to rip your car apart if they suspect something is out of place.

I race in SM with my Cobra after running in the not-so-fun world of ESP.

It is a great experience for beginners and even people who have never really pushed their cars (no, driving on the street really aggressively does not count).

Old 12-31-2006, 01:51 PM
pms
1st Gear

Due to the high participation numbers, STU was granted non-provisional status for 2007 (a year early), so I believe all the street touring classes (STS,STS2, STX and STU)are now full-fledged classes (meaning, it is possible to win a jacket in any of them).

The nice thing about autocrossing is that no matter what club you run with, there is pretty much always a place for every vehicle (except a handful of inherently rollover prone vehicles like Jeep Wranglers, Suzuki Samaris, etc.). That doesn't mean you necessarily have a class where you can be readily competitive on a national level, but just competing is the fun part anyway.

There were a few top notch drivers (Team Buttheat) campaigning an A4 in GS that had some success at a national level, and there have been a others at regional and even a few at the divisional level that have done well in Audis, but I think the higher cost and weight of these cars has resulted in them being less popular with autocrossers.

In my opinion the B6 S4 has not had a real competitive place to compete in the SCCA rulebook until STU, and now that it's a national class...

J. Brett Howell
'04 S4

Old 12-31-2006, 03:09 PM
3rd Gear

Wow its nice to see that people still look at this post. I havnt autocrossed in a couple years due to my car not being up to par.
But i just finished some serious work on her following a roasted turbo and small engine fire and im ready for some serious driving.....ooh sh*t its winter...oh well back to the garage fer winter I guess...

Quick Reply: AutoX / Solo