Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

Chin Motorsports, 2010 Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 04:10 AM
1st Gear
Talking Chin Motorsports, 2010 Sebring

I took my bone stock 2004 Audi S4 down to Sebring, FL for some track time thanks to Chin Motorsports. I had all original equipment still on it with 56000 miles. I had 85% of front pads and a little less on the rear. I did 9 30 min sessions over 2 days, 5 on Sat, 4 on Sun. I hammered the car more and more as each day wore on. She responded like a Champ on almost every run. I noticed on the last run of each day that my brakes did not feel as solid as in the begining of the day. I still had plenty of pad left, so it was not for lack of pad. I suspect that my brake fluid could not handle the stress. The tires I had were, ContiSportCompact3 by Continental. My psi was raised by about 6 on all 4, so not so bad. I had good grip on all 4, especially under load out of the corners. I heard Super Blue brake fluid is what some guys use at the track. Anyone have any idea why that would be? I assume it has a better ability to absorb heat, therefore letting me keep good break feel for the pads on the rotors. I also had to drive from NC, so it was 800 miles each way, no problems to or from. I am also looking into a longer lasting or better overall pad. Any suggestions? Thanks all. Oh yeah, did I mention a Porsche Carerra GT spun its *** into the tire sidewall on the course, glad I am not rich

Old 09-06-2012, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

anyone can correct me if I'm wrong but the racing brake fluid has a higher boiling point then the fluid you buy off the shelf at the gas station i believe it has to do with the build of with moisture in the lines and the resistance of that moisture to raise the boiling point. As for the brakes fading that is normal on stock pads as you build up heat from pushing the brakes. You can go two ways, you can buy a street-strip pad like hawk hp plus or ebc blue stuff. These pads allow you to race at the track and drive home or you can go with a full race pad both ebc and hawk sell them only problem is you would have to change the pad at the track because they are undrivable. Hit me up if you have any more questions.