RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

Audi RS2 Avant and american gas ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Default Audi RS2 Avant and american gas ...

Hi guys,

Got a quick questions,

My dad has Audi RS2 in Russia. Since he doesn't drive it and the car had been sitting in garage for the last five year, he has FINALLY agreed to ship it to US so I can drive it here.

I am just wondering is it ok to use it here right without any special modifications. Since it is pretty rare I couldn't find any info and some people says that it won't run good on US 91-92 gas.

Any ideas?

Thank you...

Old 05-17-2008, 08:06 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi RS2 Avant and american gas ...

Hi There

You lucky B......, I envy you big time there. That is a great car, even it has a few year on its bag. It will still make a few of the Porche owners having a second look when you just beat them off the line. Well, some of them will catch up with you later, but enjoy the moment there, just make sure you have some good tires, do not go wider, go for standard dimentions but softer and you will see. Michelin PS2, or even better if you dare:Pilot Sport Cup will do the trick, be carefull in wet though with the Cup tire.

Enough there, your question was whether you could use the Gas here in the US. The remaining range of Audi's do not have any problems, but it may take a little remapping of the control unit. Maybe Audi Service can help you out or at least give you the correct answer. Your second chance could be aftermarked tuners, one of those used to work on Audi's. Remember, the engine/control systemis only partly an Audi engine, therefore someVW/Audi tuners may not have the data required to work on it, and it would be a shame having something f..... up, so spend your money wisely!

That was it from here, looking forward hearing from you after you get over here and enjoyed your first ride.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:13 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Audi RS2 Avant and american gas ...

the RS2 is blacklisted, you cannot import it into the US[:@][:@][:@]

ยทHow can I import an RS2 Avant to the USA?
In short, you can't. In terms of importation it has several strikes against it.

1. The body/chassis was never crash tested here and the European bumpers don't meet U.S. standards.

2. The Porsche tuned engine was never emissions tested and approved here.

3. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has denied import requests for the RS2 in the past.

There are SOME ways to bring one in but the average Joe/Jane would not be able to simply import one and use it as a daily driver. Sorry!