RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

Lowing the RS4

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 01:02 AM
Default Lowing the RS4

Hello,

I am newbie to the Audi world. Just bought a 2008 Red RS4 (Titanium package). I traded in a Mercedes E63 AMG and find this car much more fun to drive. My question: Is it safe to lower the car with H&R springs or is it better to install the KW coilovers? I only want to achieve the look of less wheel gap but dont want to put strain on the shocks. My salesman told me that it is not wise to only install springs as it will keep the shock compressed and will wear out faster. He said the the DPE will leak faster. Your opinions. Lastly, I was thinking about an exhaust system....anyone who has one, let me know what you bought and your thoughts on the system. Thanks

Old 04-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja
Default RE: Lowing the RS4

well u defenitely want to do coilovers or shocks AND springs.. not just springs by themselves.

depends on ur budget... but i say C/os.. the cost of everything - & add teh labor etc.
might as well go c/os.. plus u get the adjustability ride height etc.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:02 AM
1st Gear

First congrats on your purchase, Sounds like a great color combo would like to see pics. Can't offer any advice on lowering as it's not something I plan on doing. But for exhaust I would strongly recommend Tubi. Had a Tubi on my Maserati and loved it so when I heard they had one for the RS4 I was interested, Then saw this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A39nzC9fkmgand was sold. Trying to stay as stock as possible and liked that Tubi was just cat back but gave the most amazing sound

Old 05-02-2008, 12:27 AM
1st Gear

Hi Tobin

Congratulation with your new wheels,looking forward seing some photos of your ride!

I will add in two things concerning lowering your RS4:

First,I am very happy with the way theRS4 looks stock, having an even gapbetween the wheel and the edge of the wings looks better and more in harmonythen having the wheelall the way up into the wings.

Second, due to therather longoverhang out in front of the front wheels, even with stock suspension you have to be careful when having to pass sidewalks or such. To avoid contact between the concrete and the bottom of the front fender, Ioffen have to getpass such sidewalk passage byattacking itat 45 Deg angleand at very verylow speed, whichmostly looks and feelvery awkward.

Well, that was my opinon and experience, and please dont take it for any further then that. But trust me, the sound of the fender giving way to concrete does not sound like angles singing!!!

Enjoy your ride

Old 05-02-2008, 12:53 AM
PW
1st Gear

Congrats, you will not be dissapointed! I'm going for the Mill-Tek or Tubi on my RS4, though I have not decided on a full or just cat-back exhaust. Here is my 2 cents worth....If you want a full system go for the MillTek, if you want just cat-back go for the Tubi. Both are legit companies with great service records and solid contruction.

Good Luck