RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

RS4 fat pig or not

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 03:27 AM
Default RS4 fat pig or not

Why is that A4 is lighter that RS4,
RS4 is like a fat pig. almost 4000 lb, while A4 is 3500LB, the V6 in A4 is almost as heavy as the V8 in RS4.
just out of curiousity.

no doubt that extra power of V8 is overvelming the extra weight, but still, its like fatso on wheels.
500lb in 3500lb car is 15% lose.

like what da hell audi thinks, sport car is light and powerfull, not fat and powerfull.

with 420hp, if the car was 3000lb it be so fast, I would get her in a hart beat, but hell no, I would not get a overpriced peace of metal!!!

Old 11-24-2006, 11:42 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: RS4 fat pig or not

RS4 is fat pig cuz of metil geershift ***!!!

Your facts are misapplied. The published weight for the A4 is a 16"-wheeled, 215-tired $28,000 car completely stripped with no options. Compare a fully loaded A4 with an RS4 (which comes fully loaded) and you will see that they are very close in weight. My RS4 weighs 3880 with a full tank of gas at a certified scale.

So to be accurate, all Audis are "fat pigs". That's exactly why they are so quiet, solid, and relatively rattle-free. There are plenty other cheap, lightweight tin-can-rattle-trap cars if that's what you want. Great sound isolation and build/material qualityhas its price.

Old 11-24-2006, 01:03 PM

So you basically saying that RS4 is Fully loaded car, while A4 isnt.
With all the options in A4, A4 would come close.
I get what you saying, but still 3880lb in RS4 that kinda heavy for a sports car.

Old 11-24-2006, 01:57 PM
1st Gear

The RS4 is not a sports car, it's in a class called "luxury sport sedan". Sports cars are two seaters but American advertising has blurred the line considerably and would like you to believe that their cars with "sporting intentions" are bonafide sports cars. They are not.

The R8 is an Audi sports car but will likely also be a "fat pig".

Old 11-24-2006, 05:47 PM
1st Gear

well, ok, if the Audi is a Fat Pig, as in fatter than other cars in the same category, then that mean that its heavier than other 4 door luxery sedans with 400+ HP with ALL luxery appointments? I highly doubt that.....thats where your comaprisons should take place.

Cadillac CTS-V
E55
M5
etc.... and throw in how much the RS4 costs against these cars for good measure. Of course the Caddy takes that, but drive both and you tell me the difference in quality, you get what you pay for there.

Old 11-26-2006, 02:11 PM

I alway thought the RS6 was luxury sport, while RS4 was just race sport.
hmm, never thought that RS line is Luxury sport
so that makes S line just sport.

thanks for opening my eyes.

Old 11-26-2006, 05:56 PM
1st Gear

I think all the cars you mentioned belong in the Luxury Sport Sedan segment. Car & Bimmer - oops, I mean Car & Driver in their "10 Best" picked the BMW 3-series in Luxury Sport Sedan. There's various sub-segments - such as "entry level" luxury sports sedan, but overall it's a very crowded market segment. Google "Luxury SPort Sedan" and you'll get a bazillion tests and comparisons.

Old 11-26-2006, 06:17 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: kakarot

with 420hp, if the car was 3000lb it be so fast, I would get her in a hart beat, but hell no, I would not get a overpriced peace of metal!!!
Sounds like sour grapes if I ever heard them.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:42 PM
1st Gear

I meant 4 dr luxery sport sedans yes. Thats what the RS 4, RS 6, S4, S6, S8 from Audi are....that alone tells you how crowded the segment is when one brand has that many. Basically just a bout every brand has their Steroids version of every 4 dr sedan they sell.
The RS 4 is not heavey at compared to others in the price and category range..... but comapared to a similar price sports sedan it's a pig, yes. But, so are all other sedans in the category.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:05 PM
1st Gear

the RS4 is a fat pig.

but it's a fat pig that spanks other lighter pigs on the audi farm. and the bmw farm. and the mercedes-benz farm.

that said, i still don't understand the purpose of this thread.