RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

RS4 fat pig or not

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 10:07 PM
Default RE: RS4 fat pig or not

me too.
Why da hell did I start it???

Old 12-04-2006, 06:45 PM
1st Gear

You just wanted to remind us all that our cars are fat pigs. Even the big girls need lovin.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:49 AM
4th Gear

Take out the whole interior, put back in a single sparco, take out all the sound dampening, remove the AC, stereo/nav, speakers, amp, all carpet, replace all the glass with plexi, change the gas tank out to a fuel cell, remove the doors and replace them with aluminum without any opening mechanism, ditto for the trunk and hood - except make them cf, add racing wheels and replace the body kit with some lightweight poly with an aero package that creates a vacuum under the car, and make a few more mods and then you've got it under 3000 and then some.

It's a luxury sedan. You can't call Audi out on the weight when it is such a nice car to drive. True performance comes at the price of comfort. Decide which direction you want to go and go there. If you buy an SLR it has so much crap on it that you can't stop. If you buy a 599, it can't make the moves of a 360. You are either touring or taking some loud, hard bumps.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:41 PM
1st Gear

Yea what he said! Plenty of rattle trap tin can cars out there. Take you pick. There was a quote in Roundel magazine from a J.D. Powers exec about the WRX sti "Looks like they drove it through a Pep Boys with a magnet attached". Pretty funny. There's a lighter car for you. But it ain't no Audi. Not even close.

Old 12-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 12-10-2006, 11:08 AM
1st Gear

I bought a caddy SRX for the wifee and that car just drives us both nuts with all its "safety features". That's what the General calls it but we all know it's just legal CYA. That car is so LAWYERED UP it ain't funny. I could write a book about all the stupid things you can't do supposedly in the name of safety. The car drives and performs great though. It stickered for $57K and I bought it for $41. You won't find a fully loaded German SUV for that kind of money. Even so, no more GMs for me, not as long as the lawyers are running GM.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:55 AM
2nd Gear

Trust me, from what I've seen, read, and heard, the caddy is a much better car. Just because it's American doesn't mean it's bad.
Try owning one. JUNK.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:44 PM
1st Gear

Try owning one. JUNK.

Yup. The big hook of the caddy is performance, but the caddy doesn't even have that. Here's a link with a track comparison with RS4, M3, Fuga, and CTS-V. The caddy comes in dead last - by a LONG ways.

Audi Wins this Race

Old 12-26-2006, 05:42 PM
1st Gear

Well that test is a STSV a much bigger heavier car in the class of A6, 5 series and E class platforms, so not a very realistic test to put it in with an M3 and an RS4. the CTSV is the correct chassis to compare with 3 series and A4s platforms. The STSV would still get its butt handed to though against the bigger cars. The CTSV would be a lot closer against 3s and 4s.
But, I have seen a CTSV, driven one to. They are fast, but v cheaply made, cheapo feel, cheap materials....complete opposite of an Audi, I would had bought one if i didnt think so. I drove both cars along with many other in the class when I was in the market, and I went with Audi. I had no plans to go with any car until one grabbed me.
The Caddy probably has better reliability, yes, amazing enough Cadillacs rate very high there with CR and JD powers, but so do Toyotas and Hondas, cars made as cheap as possible. I guess my use of Quality is more meant as refinement and tasteful finish and not all out reliability, very different.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:12 AM

ORIGINAL: ELEVENS

Try owning one. JUNK.

Yup. The big hook of the caddy is performance, but the caddy doesn't even have that. Here's a link with a track comparison with RS4, M3, Fuga, and CTS-V. The caddy comes in dead last - by a LONG ways.

Audi Wins this Race
Its extreamly not equal, only audi was manual.
but ye, audi has diferent style, its closer to MB, that to BMW. more luxury.