S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

2000 Audi S4 Airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Default 2000 Audi S4 Airbag light

My question is... Is there a way I can remove my airbag light bulb?? Its been on for like 6 months, at first it was off and on, but now its on at all times, ive never been in a wreck. I really need a quick fix!
thank you.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:02 AM
2nd Gear

Dude, I have to laugh a little bit at what you're asking. The light is on because there is a problem! For ****'s sake, I can't believe I have to say this but I'll go ahead and say it anyway...ahem -- "REMOVING THE AIRBAG LIGHT BULB IS NOT A GOOD SOLUTION"

I know this is your first post, and I'm trying hard not to flame you, but really, airbags are an important safety feature. Especially in a small sedan like this where there isn't a lot of room between your head and the steering wheel.

Have you scanned the airbag controller for codes?

If not, get a cable from ebay or jhm and grab the free version of the software. Then scan the airbag controller -- you can clear the codes with the vag.

However, many of the airbag codes are hard codes, meaning, you can clear them and they will reappear immediately. If that's the case, the airbag controller need to be replaced.

Before brushing off the code that's being thrown, search the forum for solutions.