S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

axles?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Default axles?

has anyone had issues with vibrations after lowering their car. ive been chasing this vibration for months now. really feel it at wot in 2nd 3rd and th gears but kinda seems it might be vibrating all the time. been throwing parts at it left and right. not getting any codes on vag. boost is at requested and everything seems tight underneath. front axles are new.was told my rear axles have no play at all in them and that sometimes if theyve been replaced with cheap axles on a lowered car they could cause vibrations, and that the only to fix it is to use genuine audi axles. i dont know if theyve been replaced before i got it. this is coming from a apr dealer mechanic in st louis that specializes in audi, porsches and other high end performance cars.i know hes not trying to get money because hes had the car two weeks and is charging me 100 bucks because hes not really sure what to do. hes telling me to try some used audi axles and see if it goes away. any thoughts on this? this all started when i jacked car up and put new driver front fender on?!?!?!!?!?

Old 03-06-2009, 08:15 PM
2nd Gear

Just incase maybe you overlooked it. Are the wheels out of balance? maybe have that rechecked just incase.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:32 PM

all wheels are balanced. i think its coming from the motor. they kinda think drivetrain in rear. ive replaced coil packs, and mass air. have all new samco hoses and pressure test shows no leaks, at least when i did it. they say the computer is getting what it wants so its not a boost leak. i think my apr software is f-ed up or something. the car sat for months with a dead battery. before it sat had no issues after this has just been ongoing. i want to freaking sell this car but cant because when you get on it it vibrates like hell. seems fast as hell still so its weird.