S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

B5 S4 vs. e46 m3

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 11:21 PM
1st Gear
Default B5 S4 vs. e46 m3

First off, I did do a such on this and really could not find the answers I wanted.

I know that stock a m3 is going to kill a s4 but with a few simple mods will it be able to keep up? These are what I am planning on putting into my s4 and I want to know how im going to do against the m3 in straight line drag and cornering. I am planning on the AWE GIAC chip with upgraded dv's, awe's s-flow intake, either awe or autospeed downpipes and exhaust (awe's twin 1), b&m short shifter, pss9 bilsteins, autospeed's DTS. Im pretty sure there are a lot of you out there that have these similar mods so I think I am throwing out a fairly simple question. Any answers would be greatly apreciated. Or if there really is a post for awhile pack that would expain this that would be great to! Thanks a lot.

Jeff

Old 11-16-2006, 01:26 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: B5 S4 vs. e46 m3

uhhh im pretty sure u would murder him with those upgrades but idk get em and race an m3...and even if you lose ur car still sounds nice and his still will sound like a weed wacker on nitros lmao [sm=happy046.gif] anyone else wana make sure im right? or wrong lol

Old 11-16-2006, 01:49 AM
2nd Gear

Chipped as you plan should give you plenty of oomf - pretty right there with an M3 (if not a bit quicker....very driver dependent IMO)....you might want to look into alternatives to the PSS9s though - I went KW (varient 3 adjustable) and couldn't be happier. I feel that the ride (medium setting all around) is both more compliant and more responsvie...other options also exisist and may drive better then PSS9s

Old 11-16-2006, 02:07 AM

You would definately beat the m3 with those mods guarunteed. My buddy has a b5 with borla exhaust, evo v-flow intake, new bipipe, new dv's, and chipped and he runs loooow 13's. The other night he ran a 13.1 beating an m5 auto. So yes you would burn the m3 nicely. Oh and i highly suggest k04's.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:47 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Roadhawk

Chipped as you plan should give you plenty of oomf - pretty right there with an M3 (if not a bit quicker....very driver dependent IMO)....you might want to look into alternatives to the PSS9s though - I went KW (varient 3 adjustable) and couldn't be happier. I feel that the ride (medium setting all around) is both more compliant and more responsvie...other options also exisist and may drive better then PSS9s
Well I am really in the market for an adjustable suspension and my AWE dealing said that the PSS9s were great. What are the KW's and where can I take a look at them on the internet? And of course I want to go K04 in the feature but money isnt growing on trees in my yard right now.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:48 PM
1st Gear

Also thanks for the input about the comparison with the M3. I just want to made sure doing all this is going to be worth the money, and it sounds like it will be worth it.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:52 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: murphy_boy_2

Also thanks for the input about the comparison with the M3. I just want to made sure doing all this is going to be worth the money, and it sounds like it will be worth it.
You should be able to be bumpers with an M3 with just a chip, if not be able to beat them. But with all you're looking to do you would eat M3's alive, even a lot of modded ones.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Site Moderator

dont think so.... ive seen m3's and s4's go at all levels..as well as friends with a guy who has had both.. m3 and s4 strong stage 2 is about even.. a 2+ can pull slightly. depending on drivers.. think about it.. a m3 runs 4.8 0-60. thats quick..about stage 2-2+ territory.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:15 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: sooks

dont think so.... ive seen m3's and s4's go at all levels..as well as friends with a guy who has had both.. m3 and s4 strong stage 2 is about even.. a 2+ can pull slightly. depending on drivers.. think about it.. a m3 runs 4.8 0-60. thats quick..about stage 2-2+ territory.
Yeah that makes sense because a chip alone with dv's of course is going to bring me to long 5 seconds. Am I right?

Old 11-17-2006, 01:09 AM
2nd Gear

http://www.kw-suspension.com/en/

I do not exaggerate what a great suspension this is - rides better (softer) just around town then PSS9s (which I feel are rather harsh) and buckles down when needed - at least as good and I would argue better then PSS9s - not as jumpy - very very stable....and what a great combo with the Hotchkis H-sport sway kit! My car rocks right now - it feels 500lbs lighter driving around - turn is is great 0 body lean under any circumstnaces - no plow (in fact turn in almost like a RWD much more weight balanced car) - it really is awesome - hard to imagine better.