S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

B5 S4 vs. e46 m3

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 07:52 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: B5 S4 vs. e46 m3

ORIGINAL: hyperlight900

uhhh im pretty sure u would murder him with those upgrades but idk get em and race an m3...and even if you lose ur car still sounds nice and his still will sound like a weed wacker on nitros lmao [sm=happy046.gif] anyone else wana make sure im right? or wrong lol
An M3 sounds like a weedwacker on nitrous? Hahahah, wow Im sorry but it sounds like you've either never been around an M3 or experienced driving one...Their engines make some of the sweetest tones, although nothing like the noise of a porsche they're still amazing.

Old 11-23-2006, 08:17 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Renegades

Their engines make some of the sweetest tones
Individual throttle bodies FTW

Old 11-23-2006, 10:17 PM
1st Gear

i think once audi comes out with the a5, s5, rs5, thats when it will be able to compete with the m3 in pricing and performance. Its to hard for a four door sedan to keep up with a small two door. IMO

Old 11-23-2006, 10:19 PM
1st Gear

[sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=angrymail.gif]uhhh ok your dumb ...unless you like hondas with a coffee can exhaust to a lesser extent on volume...also i have about 5 good friends with e46 m3s and 1 with an e36 m3...now ill say that the e36 sounds nice but not the e46 sounds like crap even 3 of the 5 dont like the exhaust note and plan too upgrade the exhaust ....theres a reason to this raspy sound although...its due to the fact that the engine is sooo highly tuned out which is true because the only upgrade you can doo is forced induction and that in short is why an e46 sounds like crap[sm=chairshot.gif] = me owning you![sm=happy046.gif]

Old 11-23-2006, 10:22 PM
1st Gear

Oh yeah I agree totally about that, from what i have heard on internet sound clips, the m3's exhaust tone is just not quality at all.

Old 11-24-2006, 03:28 AM

my cousin has an e46 with some mods (including exhaust)...it sounds buuurrrlllyy. I believe he has a borla exhaust...not sure, I'll check up on that.

Old 11-24-2006, 03:56 AM
1st Gear

[sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=angrymail.gif]uhhh ok your dumb ...unless you like hondas with a coffee can exhaust to a lesser extent on volume...also i have about 5 good friends with e46 m3s and 1 with an e36 m3...now ill say that the e36 sounds nice but not the e46 sounds like crap even 3 of the 5 dont like the exhaust note and plan too upgrade the exhaust ....theres a reason to this raspy sound although...its due to the fact that the engine is sooo highly tuned out which is true because the only upgrade you can doo is forced induction and that in short is why an e46 sounds like crap[sm=chairshot.gif] = me owning you![sm=happy046.gif]
Heh, yeah since M3's sound just like coffee-can Hondas, real bright response, you never took rhetoric did you? False proclamations - your post is full of them..lets begin:

I feel hurt being owned by a teenager on audi forums who acts like a complete troll.

Anyways, back to more mature grounds, and less idiodic responses - The m3's sound excellent, i dont know why the hell you and your 'good' friends with all these M3's seem to think otherwise? If this is your way of defending an S4 vs. M3, then your doing a very very poor job - As it seems so, from the get-go that's your main intention, correct? Yes.

Due to the fact they're so highly tuned out? Wrong, infact the M3s are highly tuned but your ignorance shines forth when saying all you can do is forced induction to get further gains. [sm=chairshot.gif] Ever heard of Cams, intakes, exuasts, pulleys, lightend flywheels, chips, - along with plenty of other things you can do to bump up the tuning without going F/I..wow. In fact, the exaust and intake are really the only things that affect how this motor sounds, not the 'highly tuned' aspects, hahahahahahaha.

So in the world of hyperlite wakeboard boy, M3's sound like crap, but he still cant negate the fact that off the floor its a better car than the S4 - no offence to those who actually own S4's - i love the car, complete offence towards those TROLLS that think otherwise. [sm=itsok.gif]

Old 11-24-2006, 04:00 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: murphy_boy_2

Oh yeah I agree totally about that, from what i have heard on internet sound clips, the m3's exhaust tone is just not quality at all.
That's the problem right there...

Old 11-24-2006, 06:30 AM
1st Gear

Heh, yeah since M3's sound just like coffee-can Hondas, real bright response, you never took rhetoric did you? False proclamations - your post is full of them..lets begin:

I feel hurt being owned by a teenager on audi forums who acts like a complete troll.

Anyways, back to more mature grounds, and less idiodic responses - The m3's sound excellent, i dont know why the hell you and your 'good' friends with all these M3's seem to think otherwise? If this is your way of defending an S4 vs. M3, then your doing a very very poor job - As it seems so, from the get-go that's your main intention, correct? Yes.

Due to the fact they're so highly tuned out? Wrong, infact the M3s are highly tuned but your ignorance shines forth when saying all you can do is forced induction to get further gains. [sm=chairshot.gif] Ever heard of Cams, intakes, exuasts, pulleys, lightend flywheels, chips, - along with plenty of other things you can do to bump up the tuning without going F/I..wow. In fact, the exaust and intake are really the only things that affect how this motor sounds, not the 'highly tuned' aspects, hahahahahahaha.

So in the world of hyperlite wakeboard boy, M3's sound like crap, but he still cant negate the fact that off the floor its a better car than the S4 - no offence to those who actually own S4's - i love the car, complete offence towards those TROLLS that think otherwise. [sm=itsok.gif]

ok now lets begin first i said honda exhaust..etc TO A LESSER EXTENT meaning it is raspy ...now normally raspy is related to hondas and rice burners soo i threw in the coffe can crap ....also i wasnt defending an s4 (im actually a fan of all german cars) , because if i was i coulda stated that on the contrary to your beliefs an b6-b7 s4 is faster than an m3 on the track by a second for the b6 but not possitive on the b7 also dont gimme the crap about faster in a straight line because that takes almost no skill what so ever due to new dsg garbage anyone can shift fast and go fast in a straight line plus s4 = 4dr luxary sport sedan ,m3=2dr sport coupe ......oh and about the troll comment ..very mature soo i wont stoop down too your levels of name calling on the internet due to the fact that its retarded...reminds me of a saying which went somthing like this "fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics, even if ou win your still a RETARD"

and ps i think your looking for this forum man here

Old 11-24-2006, 06:34 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: murphy_boy_2

That's the problem right there...
didnt you just say you like the exhaust note? and now your saying its not quality (aka: dont like it or its not good?)