S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Brother burning my clutch for me

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Default Brother burning my clutch for me

So I picked my brother up from the airport last night. I usually drive to and from work so it's a treat to be on the interstate after rush hour when all the minivans are tucked safely in their driveways and the real cars come out to play. I spotted a beautiful blue S4 but I couldn't get him to run with me.

So I'm showing off my S4 to my brother and he's LOVING the car and askes if he can drive. I haven't let anyone drive before cuz I'm kinda worried about people breaking stuff on my daily driver. So I pull over about 7 miles from our exit and let him take it for a while. He did fine on the interstate and loved blasting through the gears. He wasn't redlining it or anything so I was fine with it.

Anyway, we get to town and from the first red light he tries to start in second he smokes the clutch up through 5200RPM and I'm yelling DUDE WHAT THE HECK?!?!". We're at maybe 20mph and he shifts to third and smokes the clutch up to 5000 RPM again! I finally get him to stop and not 3 minutes later he does it again pulling into a gas station! The smell was VERY apparent when we got out. I gave him some verbal abuse and told him how to shift and made him promise to take it easy the rest of the way home (which he did).

So my question is...how much life do you think he burned off my clutch?

Old 01-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Default RE: Brother burning my clutch for me

How many miles do you have on your car bro? I pulled my stock clutch before 100k and it was still over 50% good, it depends on how you and the person before you drove it. Since this probably not been done many times on yours or any car you should honestly be fine. But if you want to start a clutch fund anywho your brother seems like a likely donor to start with!!

Old 01-10-2008, 10:14 AM

Car has almost 103k. It had the clutch redone just before I bought the car @ 85k.

By the way, your car is beautiful Ops and I'm not just saying that cuz it looks like mine

Old 01-11-2008, 12:01 PM

Oh well with only like 18k on the clutch you are fine, and thanks!

Old 01-11-2008, 05:42 PM
1st Gear

First lesson with an audi... Never let the brother drive. I let my brother drive once and my palms were sweating the whole time I was so nervous. He sucks at a stick. I have almost 120k on my b5 before I sold it and the clutch was great so you are deffinently fine if you have a clutch that new.