S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

buying s4, opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 06:20 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: buying s4, opinions?

LOL, well like I said it's just an opinion. Laughing because the guy that disagrees is trying to sell his

I just know that in my experience, every time I push the damn thing it starts making a new noise. And that's not pushing the engine (I have TIP) just the suspension.

I will say that sooks is a loyal poster to this forum and clearly knows his stuff. I'd buy a car from him if I wasn't saving up for a SC...

Old 05-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Site Moderator

Haha...ironic yes... But im one to tell it like it is...whether that goes for my point of view/in my best interest or not... IMO, id rather have someone who knows their car, can diagnose a problem, cares for maintainence but drives it hard everyonce inawhile vs. an elderly lady that just putts along but hasnt changed the oil in 15k miles.

The engines themselves are VERY strong... driving it hard isnt going to do a whole lot to it, ...especially if you have turbos that are built to handle it

With that said, i actually rarely push my car...my friend always gives me a hard time asking why i even have the power if i dont use it... But its an odd feeling knowing i dont need to race someone because it wont be a race

Old 05-12-2008, 06:55 PM
2nd Gear

yeah i would go with sooks car if i was in the market also cause he took care of his car, well from what i see and hear from other people.
Dont get me wrong i loved having done all my mods my self on my bone stock car. But if i had to get another s4 i would get a car moded with someone that loved his car but had to part with it, for ease on my wallet.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:59 PM
1st Gear

sooks
i dont deny that you have taken very very good care of this car, and that there is plenty of room for more
mods, you are just so dam far away, im in denver colorado so it would be a bit of a drive just to go see it
the car really does look amazing, the only thing i dont like is no heated seats from what i can tell (i snow board and
my bum gets cold.)
but if anyone has an opinion on that last post i made from a craiglist add that would be awesome
i think im going to go look at that car this weekend after finales at school are up

im not to worried about a car that has to many miles on it or a car that was driven hard, i just dont want to pay a buch
for the car that will take the work, its ok if i have to work on it if i get it for less
common sense stuff lol
thanks every1

Old 05-12-2008, 10:36 PM
1st Gear

If I had to do it again, I wouldnt buy mine, I dont think. Maint. is just too damn expensive on these things and there seems to be no end to the downward spiral of depreciation to boot.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:16 AM
Site Moderator

Metal, that car looks like a fairly good buy.. Def low miles, looks maintained well, with a decent set of mods... Definately something to look at considering youre in the area..

Few things to keep in mind with that car, It doesnt have the sports package, so you dont have the chrome mirror housings, and you have the wood grain trim on the inside. Dont know if it has teh cold weather package or not... But overall definately go look at it. Not sure where he thinks he gets the "+" from...its stage 2, no mention of intercoolers on there or anything... basically exhaust and chip in terms of speed mods...

With my car, yes, unfortunately i do not have the cold weather package (which sucks being in MN)..but overall its not bad, the car does warm up fast. But it is something i wish i had.. As far as travel...eh... I bought the car in florida (hence no cold package), so mn to colorado doesnt seem too bad to me

Artip..ive said before, i think these cars are hit or miss... It seems there are either good cars or bad cars.... either they are problematic from the get go and you have lots of issues, or seems they remain maintainence free for the most part..but fixing and parts are spendy thats no doubt, gotta pay to play

Old 05-13-2008, 03:02 AM
1st Gear

The s4 comes with 250hp stock. That's not a ton these days, but in 2000 it was one of the fastest sedans on the planet, and still today it packs a punch. The twin turbo V6 is wonderful. Stock is had plenty of power for the everyday driver and mods are available.AWD handling is the best. The interior surrounds you and is very comfortable.

Auto Repair & Auto Parts Information

Old 05-13-2008, 08:22 AM
2nd Gear

stage 3 for 17 grand in chicago area.
http://classifieds.audiworld.com/cgi...mp;exact_match=

and here is that thread.
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/threa....phtml#2808050
you're welcome
anything over 22K is not realistic for a nice healthy stage 3, prices are coming down!

Old 05-13-2008, 09:47 AM
1st Gear

Just another opinion,

I drive the absolute **** out of my car wherever I go (regularly commute 20km at 175mph+), but I also built a completely forged purpose-built engine/mods and do daily/weekly/monthly checks on wear parts... I ride her hard, but I also take meticulous care of her

Any car that is not well taken care of will have problems, no matter how it is driven -- I would honestly rather purchase a car that an owner has babied (as in continual appropriate maintenance) and driven hard than a car from someone who "just drove it from A to B" everyday (and probably didn't change the oil in 20k miles or until the idiot light came on).

Old 05-13-2008, 10:20 AM
2nd Gear

you must not live in north america! lol ^^

Quick Reply: buying s4, opinions?