S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

cf hood to be painted need ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 11:45 AM
1st Gear
Default cf hood to be painted need ideas

I`m buying a vis cf stock looking hood that has been damaged in the front rite above the grill. It has a crack about 8 inches long. So the body shop will repair and just paint the whole thing. but I was thinking about putting something like the 4 rings or something somewhere , that the cf would show though. and maybe some kind of vent near the air filter to get cool air to the filter. I have a EVOM intake. Just looking for ideas to do something different.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:45 PM
2nd Gear

A venturi duct by the intake would look awesome, I've always loved how functionally aesthetic they look when done right.

Another 4 rings would look redundant with the grill, in my opinion. Maybe think about an Audi Sport symbol or something. With Imola, any design will stick out a lot, which could be good or bad. Judging by how clean and meticulous your car looks, I think it should a tasteful detail, nothing too loud.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:52 PM
1st Gear

I think you maybe rite. I`ve been looking at scoops and vents. I think I know what your talking about. Where can I get a venturi duct or do I need the body shop fab one up? I`ve done some searching but found nothing I like, unless I get that crap you see on a bunch of hondas.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:00 PM
1st Gear

this is what i would like to do when i get my CF hood. Paint the whole thing up intill about 3-4 in from the wind shield. Leave that part CF and taper the ends so the paint meats at the tip of the two corners of the hood. This will make your wind shield look longer and give it a lower profile.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:15 PM
2nd Gear

*correction* they're called NACA ducts, which creates a venturi vacuum affect to suck air in.

the one below is kind of cool, where the intake track is only bare CF, so it looks like a solid piece.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1434/...95c94b.jpg?v=0

but they are hard to find as a universal or car specific application, especially in the right size or shape you would want.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:56 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Mott Power
*correction* they're called NACA ducts, which creates a venturi vacuum affect to suck air in.

the one below is kind of cool, where the intake track is only bare CF, so it looks like a solid piece.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1434/...95c94b.jpg?v=0

but they are hard to find as a universal or car specific application, especially in the right size or shape you would want.
Thats the one I want. but didnt know the name of it. found it on e bay. YOU ARE THE MAN!

Old 07-02-2009, 01:18 PM
2nd Gear

hah, no problem man, be sure to post the final results if you do it. i've actually wanted to do the same thing at some point in the future

Old 07-02-2009, 01:37 PM
1st Gear

I just found the scoop made of fiberglass. for $25.00 If my boss only new I ve been searching for 4 hrs lol . But alot of the others are made from plastic or carbon fibre. I should be picking up the hood saturday and will order the scoops the same day. I will start to post pics once I get started. I am fired up now.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:30 PM

i've always liked a uniform design, i think you should put one on the other side as well to balance it out. it may not be funtional other than maybe blowing cooler air in your engine bay. another look i like is leaving the center black where the portion of the hood is raised and then the sides yellow and continuing the lines to the roof as well painting the roof black. that longer windshield look tho sounds pretty cool too

Old 07-03-2009, 05:49 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bottlecap
i've always liked a uniform design, i think you should put one on the other side as well to balance it out. it may not be funtional other than maybe blowing cooler air in your engine bay. another look i like is leaving the center black where the portion of the hood is raised and then the sides yellow and continuing the lines to the roof as well painting the roof black. that longer windshield look tho sounds pretty cool too
My car goes to the body shop in 2 weeks to get my roof painted black and my euro trunk painted yellow. I was thinking about putting 2 vents until I walked into my local speed shop. I was looking at the owners 375whp vw turbo rabbit. He took me for a ride, car was sick. But anyway his car has the same scoop rite by the air filter. and it looked dope. so I will be doing the same. He sells them too so I bought it for 25.00

Now I cant get a hold of the guy selling me his hood. F*ckin Great..... I will install the scoop on my stock hood if the sale fails.

Quick Reply: cf hood to be painted need ideas