S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Considering an S4 in Orlando, could use technical assistance

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 04:28 PM
1st Gear
Default Considering an S4 in Orlando, could use technical assistance

I've been thinking of getting a vehicle to supplement my motorcycle when I want rain resistance, more than one passenger, or cargo space; and I don't want to sacrifice too much performance or money. My research suggests the S4 is ideal; and there's a "show car" in Orlando for sale; a few thou above the median price ($19.9K).

I'm thinking the extra dosh is worth it if "show car" means that even though it has performance modifications, it hasn't been treated too roughly. I'd be looking for a chip, exhaust, and suspension on any S4 I buy and it's already got those.

So, that brings me to my two questions: 1) Are my guesses about high performance, gentle treatment correct? And 2) Who could I bring along/bring the car to in Orlando to give it a thorough pre-sale mechanical going-over?

Old 11-01-2007, 12:15 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Considering an S4 in Orlando, could use technical assistance

Classic Audi 407-992-4321in Maitland should be $120-$250 range for a full look over with CPO inspection and Dignostic. just a rough estimate Different at most Dealerships.Have it looked over, look for paper work on oil changes, regular check ups or maintenance. How many miles? Owners? all original paint? Performance is good seeing how parts are not cheap and if it's a Real S4 owner they take extra care of their BaBy. I'm in Orlando and it took me 3months to find my S4. I paid for 3 cars to get looked at $$$ aahhhh lots of money but worth it because one needed $4K worth of repairs. So it's worth spending some$ to save some. I found one in Ohio worth the flight and especially the drive home. It had a Miltek exhaust, H&R suspension, and Rs4 18 wheels best of all the guy took really good care of it. If your in the orlando area I know a good shop with very reasonable pricing. The only place i let handle my baby.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:26 AM
1st Gear

Ohio--that's pretty far afield! I live in Tampa, and have never considered going much further than the other coast of Florida for a car. I have, incidentally, decided against the "show car"--I don't think the S4 was made for a carbon fiber hood. I await the right S4, and will, until it shows up,continue to deal with the rain by getting wet. Incidentally, if an interesting one comes along here in Tampa, got any recommended shops, and anyone to install the GIAC chip, DV, piggies, and maybe help me with a Darintake?

Old 11-02-2007, 12:11 PM
1st Gear

check for rust if you look for a car in Florida because the saltyair near the beach. I found one in Miami yeah $4k worth repairs plus rust,I think I'll pass. This is why I went so far away: Garage kept, all paper work on maintenance, themodds i was goin to do anyway,and a great guy that loves Audi's. i would look at audiworld.com classifieds some nice cars there.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:19 PM
1st Gear

Thanks! I'd heard the S4 was rustproof, but I guess the salty air of America's **** can be too much for it.
Speaking of reputations, heard anything positive or negative about the s4connection guy? He's in TN, and has a lot of cars on Ebay and on audiworld.com?

Old 11-05-2007, 12:59 PM
1st Gear

You could try European Auto Tuning
321-663-8874
Ask for Vidal.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:05 PM
1st Gear

Thats where i go to get my car worked on he's a great guy. They are out by Bithlo, right before Orlando Speed world on the right heading towards 520. Good callPatty!