S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

coolant leak :-( help plz

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 08:22 PM
1st Gear
Default coolant leak :-( help plz

after a day of driving in LA i got back home that night and went inside. the next morning i started my car and it had the low coolant symbol on the lcd display. i checked the resevoir and it was empty, now im a stickler about checking those sorts of things regularly and a few days prior i checked it and it was a little low but now bone dry. does anyone know where this leak may be coming from??? btw coolant is dripping from the passenger side but there is that catch plate so im not sure where it may be origionating from. any help would be wonderful thanks!

Old 02-20-2006, 08:28 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: coolant leak :-( help plz

This question is about as vauge as "why is my check engine light on"

There is no way to tell you where its coming from without seeing it, it could be anywhere

But if its a 2.7 i would look under the intake, there is a after-run coolant pump that likes to leak there

Old 02-21-2006, 01:08 AM
1st Gear

I also had a coolant leak and after extensive searching me and brother found the coolant pump was leaking (not uncommon) and you can patch it up...but either look harder or have a mechanic look at it

Old 02-21-2006, 05:13 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

I agree w/ flabunt - not uncommon for the pump to be leaking. Are you still under warranty?

Old 02-23-2006, 06:16 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: brando_dtd

after a day of driving in LA i got back home that night and went inside. the next morning i started my car and it had the low coolant symbol on the lcd display. i checked the resevoir and it was empty, now im a stickler about checking those sorts of things regularly and a few days prior i checked it and it was a little low but now bone dry. does anyone know where this leak may be coming from??? btw coolant is dripping from the passenger side but there is that catch plate so im not sure where it may be origionating from. any help would be wonderful thanks!
i had some body work done on my car a few months back... the day after i got her back, I was meeting a friend at the Potomac Mills mall and a guy walking by said i'm POURING not leaking, coolant from the front of my car... I immediately shut the car off and popped the hood, i then realized that the absolute morons that did the engine work did not attach the lower coolant hose to the radiator correctly and it popped right off (the same time I realized the used regular coolant from an autozone or something vice the Audi coolant), with just the tools that come in the tool kit above the CD changer, I fixed it myself at was quite pleased that I did not need to purchase a new hose clamp since audi has their own locking mechanism... apologize for being so long winded but, check the lower hose on the radiator, it is located on the passenger side...

Old 02-26-2006, 06:16 AM
1st Gear

thanks, i checked that out also... looks like it was something that was fixable by BARS STOP LEAK :-). runs great now and cel is off :-) thanks everyone for your input. cheers