S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

dream b5 audi s4

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 05:11 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: dream b5 audi s4

dreams are things that you think about but never put into action. sounds more like you have a plan or goal...

Old 02-13-2008, 05:25 PM
1st Gear

I'm 19 years old and drive a b5 s4, take it from experience man its not an easy car to do ANYTHING to so you got a lot of lawns to take care of, the car itself will cost you ~15,000 for a decent low mileage s4, while another thing to consider is that a gt turbo kit and all the required time/hardware/software/install/maintenance/whatever is at least ~15,000. Not including gas and insurance that is already 30 'large' and is 10,000 over your half of 40,000. Even if the car and gt turbo kit run you ~10,000 a piece, that is still 20,000 which is exactly your half... its a great dream and im not trying to stop you i know how it is... im doing the same thing... but trust me its harder then you think... good luck

Old 02-13-2008, 05:35 PM
3rd Gear

I got my car when I was 16, im 18 now and still looking at another 2 years untill im happy with where my car is. Although i am really just getting started, im still looking to buy almost $20k worth of K04's, DP's, IC's, CO's, Fueling, and all the miscellaneous parts to finish it off. It dosnt take many random *** $250 parts to add up into the thousands. And my goal is more like 450HP not 600+

Old 02-13-2008, 09:19 PM
1st Gear

now that i think of it 600 hp is a little lofty for a awd terror as it is. thanks. also the car will be lighter so not so much could be better and less hard on the internals

Old 02-13-2008, 09:22 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: jojoampt

mow ALOT of yards
LMAO!
that was classic...

I like this kid... you'll get your car don't worry.... just don't spend too much time on that overly detailed list.... just go month by month and it will all fall into play as it should... there will be alot of maintanance fee's...and oh **** fee's... but it sounds like this kid is a true audi enthusiest... and that's what we love to hear most... so good luck and welcome to the forums

Old 02-13-2008, 10:05 PM
2nd Gear

LMAO, what u listed there..... would cost..... WITH NO LABOR just product....
roughly $45,000 and that not counting the S4 to put that in and also not including any of the widebody/ paint work which with a widebody and midnight purple pearl..... your looking at another 15K in product paint labor and such. MPP is a expensive paint for the real stuff. but its still peanuts compared to the rest of your pipedream.

GOODLUCK

Old 02-20-2008, 02:45 PM
1st Gear

k so one of my friends that i know told me that the ko4 turbo kit that AWE sells isn't the real ko4's but a toned down versoin. and that these cars are a little weak on the performance aspect because the parts arent so abundant and u cant build them like u could with a skyline and just type in one word and a billion things pop up for that car. and that the cars are actually pretty slow unless u put in a chip. so i was like hold up. these cars are incredibly fast on stock internals and such unlike ur japanese inline six monster. and that these cars arent ment to go in a straight line like those but in a circle more or less. and we got into to argument and such. so what i want to know is are the s4 realy a slow car that only can push like 700hp max or so all moded up or can they do even more. cuz i want to prove this guy wrong. he also said that ball bearing turbos are sh!# on the street cuz the bearings, and wheel are very delicate. that they break with the slightest bit of debris in them and they are really only good on the track. as i am getting close to the mowing season and getting a car. i would like to know because i am really into cars and i never have heard of such a thing. cuz there are cars that run the ball bearing turbos on the street with no problem. so are ball bearings worse than cermaics on the street and what is the reason.

and also i belive my plan now is that like a turbo capable of 20-25 pounds of boost daily or less. but capable of 30 when needed. and also a sraight exhaust and milltek's. a chip and fuel upgrades. then lighten the car a bit. and then a clutch to top the car off. inputs wanted and needed.

THANKS

Old 02-20-2008, 05:18 PM
3rd Gear

wait till you have the car.
this thread is annoying
AWE k04's are real k04's
Skylines are a completely different car, everyone is sick of comparisons.
The s4 is only 250 HP stock and its 8 years old its not some amazing fast car, put a chip in it and it is pretty quick, but again its not like the best car in the world.
There is at least 1 900HP s4 out there, and garrett kits should be good for anything from 500-800 depending onhte turbo and supporting mods
Ball bearing turbos are fine.

you dont even have the car yet, honestly wait untill you have the car. Then you can chip it, lower it add wheels, a nice exhaust system, and then see where you want to go with it

Old 02-20-2008, 07:29 PM
1st Gear

as much as I hate to say this... I sorta have to agree with "HP Addict".

First, of all it sounds like your arguing with a guy who doesn't know the difference between his *** and a hole in the ground.
Second, if the skyline is 100 times more awesome,then get one..?
Third, 100 bucks says, regardless whatever you decide to buy, even bone STOCK, it'll be smashed up, curb rashed, or wrapped around a pole in 6 months.

Good Luck,

Shawn

Old 02-20-2008, 07:55 PM
1st Gear

It shows that your 16 you have no concept of money LMAO. Buy the car man I bet that will eat up most of your summer money pretty damn fast......You might think you know everyting but that is a far fetched goal right there that wont happen, you might get the car but you will be lucky to see 400hp in the next few years.......Save up and buy a house or something then build a car you seem to have alot of things bassakwards.....

Quick Reply: dream b5 audi s4