S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Going to Laguna Seca soon...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Default Going to Laguna Seca soon...

Hey there... long time no see.

I went 2 years ago with my Audi group in my A4 and it was a blast. Back then, I had a pretty nicely set up car. This time I am taking my Audi S4 to the track.

I have a question though: I have had my tires on this car for about a year or so and the front tread is not at its peak (not to mention they are M+S all season tires). On top of that, Im not sure how great my suspension is at this point.

Would this deter my fun factor at the track?

Old 02-11-2008, 11:57 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Going to Laguna Seca soon...

im going to that too!!

i need to know this too

i think im going to get new tires all around just to make sure i dont screw anything up

Old 02-13-2008, 02:24 AM
2nd Gear

When is it? Can you post a link to the event info? I'm only about a couple hours from Seca. Used to go down for the Superbike races and would love to drive the track!

Old 02-13-2008, 10:34 AM
3rd Gear

Obviously better tires will give you more grip, your car will handle better, you can put down power easier, and this would (at least for me) lead to *more* fun. you can go faster, while still being safe. However that dosnt mean your not going to have a blast either way, come on, your on a track with your S!

Old 02-13-2008, 12:31 PM
2nd Gear

yup, im with HP on this....there will most likely be a pre-ride inspection you have to pass. as long as you have enough tread, over 3/32, and your suspension is in good working order...who cares, have some fun. if you break something, its a good excuse to upgrade!

Old 03-01-2008, 09:49 PM

UPDATE:

Currently, my girl and I are getting ready for their dinner event. Just came back from Seca and it was awesome. I didnt realize how well this car would perform... especially with the shitty tires I have on their.

I threw the rears up front, so I at least have tread up there. They were iffy on the backs but I still went.

My instructor was pushing me to be aggresive and I was passing and riding peoples asses up the wazoo. If you are apart of the A group, blame it on my instructor.

BTW, washyourhands, you are in my group. CRAZY!!

Vids and pics later.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:39 PM
3rd Gear

glad you enjoyed your self i knew you would. next time will be even better

Old 03-02-2008, 11:47 PM
2nd Gear

YEAH!!! i saw you!

i think i passed you once

not sure tho coulda been a diff a4

but man talk about fun!!
that was my first event and definatly not my last!

Old 03-03-2008, 12:52 AM
1st Gear

When I first read this I thought you meant you were painting your car Laguna Seca blue, which is one of the coolest colors a bmw m3 comes in. But after reading this, I must say congratulations on an awesome track day, my first was a blast as well, and some high perf. tires will definately help out in the corners, it certainly made me invest in a nice set.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:22 PM

Heh... actually, I got an S4 now (didnt want to change my name with so many forum posts). I think a lot of people were bitching about me riding their asses. My instructor was really pushing me and I peaked for that cars set up. Its time to move up!

I was wanting to run into you the second day because I past you and everyone else the first (this is not my first Laguna Seca event). Everyone got sooo much better the second day. As a matter of fact, you were on my *** the last lap of our last run. By that time my tires and my front brakes were pretty shot. I definately went with some crappy stuff and still had a blast.

I will throw crappiely thrown together video on YOUTUBE and post it. Now its time for new tires, pads, and possibly some upgrades.

Quick Reply: Going to Laguna Seca soon...