S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Going Stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 07:38 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Going Stage 3

I would stay away from anything auto speed makes. I saw one of there GT turbo cars and all I can say is it is not worth the money. They took one of there cars to the track and it was slower than most k04 cars I would wait a while on that one. Last week I went to a Audi meet and there was a guy with there k04 hybrids and fueling and I his car was spitting fuel out the exhaust and was in limp mode the whole drive around. We all tried to help look at the car we pressure tested the car looked at his hoses in the end I think they are just releasing stuff way before it is ready. I guess they guy said his car never ran right after he installed the fueling. Auto speed a big PASS

Old 12-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Site Moderator

lol man. A. im pretty sure it wasnt fully tuned.. and B. It ran mid 11's. I wouldnt say its slower than MOST k04's. Sure there was a COUPLE that are faster than the gt that ran that day... But those are also under weight reduction most likely. And even if it was tuned and was slower..does that mean ASP has shotty quality?? No, it just means the GT isnt the proper setup for that application.. That was quite a bold statement. ASP has some of the nicest manufactured stuff out there.. They have great quality. As for the fueling thing...i dont know what to say..maybe he got a faulty part..maybe he had other issues.. who knows..but 1 persons experience doesnt spoil it for everyone.. I know a LOT of people that have ASP stuff and all love it.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:17 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: twinturbomew

I would stay away from anything auto speed makes. I saw one of there GT turbo cars and all I can say is it is not worth the money. They took one of there cars to the track and it was slower than most k04 cars I would wait a while on that one. Last week I went to a Audi meet and there was a guy with there k04 hybrids and fueling and I his car was spitting fuel out the exhaust and was in limp mode the whole drive around. We all tried to help look at the car we pressure tested the car looked at his hoses in the end I think they are just releasing stuff way before it is ready. I guess they guy said his car never ran right after he installed the fueling. Auto speed a big PASS
Oh, so your basing your assumption that ASP Sucks on seeing other people cars? Have YOU owned ANYTHING ASP? Do you have FIRST hand knowledge of ASP parts being bad?
The GT kits have been in the testing phase for the last year. Do you have any clue how much work it is to R&D, fab up, install, test & lastly tune? Anyone who prototypes a product knows
it's going to take some time to get all kinks worked out.

ASP is also the ONLY company still pushing the forefront for the 2.7t. No other company is coming out with new products.

Not only do I have ASP parts, I've wrenched & driven in a full ASP STGIII car, with "plain" K04's it's the fastest car I've ever driven! 400 WHEEL hp & 466 trq. It runs flawless.

All the ASP parts on my car are TOP notch, very high quality, awesome fit & finish. I'd take an ASP exhaust & DP's over any other company out there!

Old 12-22-2006, 08:02 AM
1st Gear

I don't think that ASP is not a great company for parts. But for tuning I would give a huge PASS. I reread what I wrote and it did come across as harsh. I have seen 3 people with asp tuning and all 3 have not been happy. When you see that kind of stuff it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I don't know about the rest of you but I am far from a millionaire and I have seen several companies just push stuff out the door way too early. From what I have seen in auto speed and there TUNING... not good. Even the best running ASP car had terrible cold start and misfire issues. I never saw the guy again from the AUDI meet but the other 2 fellows I have talked to kept following out there spark plugs. Just passing on a observation.

I wll always pass on the comapnys I am happy with and the ones that I thing need a little more work. This was done for me in the past and it made my experence in cars and parts much better. Audis are expencive enough. Just want to see some one get the most for there money.

I know that there is a lot of work that goes into the R&D of anything. but the customer spends over 22k on his car for a GT kit it should run right before you sell it to people.

There are plenty of people that are making new products for the 2.7T

Look on the S4 bi turbo page ATP had a turbo kit and with smaller turbos it had a huge 1/4 mile run with a great MPH this compared to the ASP for 22k the ASP kit just didnt come close to what I saw on the ATP set up

WMS in California made 681WHP on pump gas with the VAST performance GT kit. But they don't sell it to people because the tuning is not ready yet. When I called ATP to ask them they said the same thing they will not release the kit until there is enough R&D time and the cars all run right.

As you stated ASP has the best DP's and cat back you can get I love the 3" I don't have a 6 speed so none of there products work on my car. I was speaking more on the tuning than the company as a hole

Old 12-22-2006, 03:38 PM
2nd Gear

a huge pass?? what is your problem man? a lot of people here have ASP tuning parts. to make such a negative statement about a company who's reputation has been rising to the level of big name places such as awe and apr is quite ignorant. i mean everyone here is entitled to their own opinion, but i just feel like you're ruining the friendliness of this forum by saying stupid **** and making well known posters upset...

this is just my two cents

Old 12-22-2006, 03:59 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: twinturbomew

I don't think that ASP is not a great company for parts. But for tuning I would give a huge PASS. I reread what I wrote and it did come across as harsh. I have seen 3 people with asp tuning and all 3 have not been happy. When you see that kind of stuff it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I don't know about the rest of you but I am far from a millionaire and I have seen several companies just push stuff out the door way too early. From what I have seen in auto speed and there TUNING... not good. Even the best running ASP car had terrible cold start and misfire issues. I never saw the guy again from the AUDI meet but the other 2 fellows I have talked to kept following out there spark plugs. Just passing on a observation.

I wll always pass on the comapnys I am happy with and the ones that I thing need a little more work. This was done for me in the past and it made my experence in cars and parts much better. Audis are expencive enough. Just want to see some one get the most for there money.

I know that there is a lot of work that goes into the R&D of anything. but the customer spends over 22k on his car for a GT kit it should run right before you sell it to people.

There are plenty of people that are making new products for the 2.7T

Look on the S4 bi turbo page ATP had a turbo kit and with smaller turbos it had a huge 1/4 mile run with a great MPH this compared to the ASP for 22k the ASP kit just didnt come close to what I saw on the ATP set up

WMS in California made 681WHP on pump gas with the VAST performance GT kit. But they don't sell it to people because the tuning is not ready yet. When I called ATP to ask them they said the same thing they will not release the kit until there is enough R&D time and the cars all run right.
You are so talking out your A$$.
1. The GT kit was in R&D phase when you saw it! They were tuning it still.
2. There are a TON of very happy people with ASP.
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/threa....phtml#2552571
Look at these graphs, and tell me this setup sucks
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/threa....phtml#2552139
3. Tuning is where ASP is at, they actually MAKE & R&D all their products.
Everyone I know of is very happy with everything they make. You know AWE
has had misfire problems from the start, and they kit has been available for years & still has the problems.
4. Your "friends" with problems, what injectors did they use? Did they buy the kit or piece it them selves?
Did they mess with Lemi? Was it an Autospeed chip, or flash? Are you talking about fowling the plugs (I don't speak engrish)?
That usually means they have to much fuel, or the wrong plugs in the car.
5. ATP, there not a Audi tuner they just make turbo products. There not so well known for the B5 S4. Not that they are bad by any means, but I
want my STGIII kit from an Audi Tuner. I'm not so down with "Turbotec" (never herd anything about them) doing my software, since they are based in Finland.
I could not find any kit for the S4, only the A4 & yes it does seam fast.
6. WMS is a shop, not really a tuner. They do not have the fabrication shop in house to make a kit. They have to source it out.
They also don't have any software for distribution. They did a custom tune. So any car they did, would have to be done there at WMS.
7. Vast is very new to the market with it's fueling kit. Is based off the ASP KIT!

"I wll always pass on the comapnys I am happy with and the ones that I thing need a little more work. " ???? So you are not happy with anyone?

As you stated ASP has the best DP's and cat back you can get I love the 3" I don't have a 6 speed so none of there products work on my car. I was speaking more on the tuning than the company as a hole
LASTLY, You have a tip? So don't I, and ASP is one of the ONLY places that make tip products! There also going to be one of the the ONLY companies making
a STG III TIP KIT! Who else makes that one smart guy?

Thanks for showing us all, that you have NO CLUE what you are talking about.

Old 12-22-2006, 09:05 PM
2nd Gear

wow 2k s4... someone sounds angry hahaha

Old 12-22-2006, 10:37 PM
Site Moderator

lol..that was pretty funny.

a good read.

if these other GT cars outperformed the ASP car in the 1/4 mile, id like to see the actual numbers. and not to mention they ARE NOT done tuning it. I personally know one of the owners whose getting the GT28RS kit and he hasnt gotten his car back yet. But his car was one of the quickest around pre GT kit, like running 3.3 fats times.. And he said this new one not even fully tuned blows that car out of the water.. so i dont think at this time asp has even finished their tuning and they arent hiding it either.

Old 12-22-2006, 11:09 PM
3rd Gear

Not angry, just a little pissed.
I hate the little internet smart A$$.

There is nothing worse then some one bashing something they have never owned, or used.
Talking about friends of friends, or he saw one car.

Then spout out mistruth as fact, and have strong options based on nothing.

I'm not new to internet car forums & have been part of some when they were just email list.
In the BMW scene I'm very well respected & known. Generally know what I'm talking about,
if I am wrong, I'm not afraid to say so.

Oh, that slow ASP car just did a 2.97 FATS time![:'(]

Old 12-23-2006, 12:00 AM

hahah sooooo whats the best route go when going stage 3? or stage 3+? I am talking current manufacturers and current setups, not what a company may be capable of doing in the future...

Quick Reply: Going Stage 3