S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Gutted Downpipes...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 03:42 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Gutted Downpipes...

ORIGINAL: RAudi Driver

ORIGINAL: oooos4

OK... I have had bad luck with posting on my forum... Either there isn't anybody that can help me or you ladies just HATE me...

Whatever... I'm gonna give it another shot...

I recently took off my downpipes to take off my Tranny for a clutch replace... So i decided to gut my downpipes... But why stop there... I decided to go the extra mile and remove the main cats too... So How can I get my car to run right and not have a CEL...???
Why stop at the main cats? Why don't you just drain your old motor oil right into the ground. Heck, why even stop there. Go the extra mile and doanything else you can to ruin the Earth.

You deserve a check engine light you . Put your cats back on and be responsible to your environment.

Have u done ani mods to u car?

Old 06-10-2007, 06:03 PM

I have to be agree with RAudidriver. By yourself some piggies from Vast and do your part to
keep our planet livable. [&:]

Old 06-10-2007, 06:17 PM
1st Gear

i used my test pipes for a while and then threw on the cats and there was no difference...now the earth likes me a little more...oh and so do the ppl in my car who could smell the exhaust at stop lights... but as for getting rid of the precats...huge difference

Old 06-10-2007, 09:42 PM
3rd Gear

LOL!

While I'm a advocate of using cats, if the car is tuned properly it will not pollute. It's all the poorly tuned cars, even running cats + the old crap cars that are killing us....

Oh, DON'T get me started about SUV's!!!!

Old 06-12-2007, 05:17 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: chebert69

I have to be agree with RAudidriver. By yourself some piggies from Vast and do your part to
keep our planet livable. [&:]
Why would I buy them??? I just said I was going to DO THE SAME THING... All they do is GUT THE DOWNPIPE and REPLACE THE O2 SENSOR!!!...

Old 06-14-2007, 07:26 PM
1st Gear

I used to have a mitsu$h1tty Eclipse GSX and the very simple cheap approach was to wrap the sensor portion of the o2 in a thin fine wire that still enabled me to put the o2 sensor back in the exhaust pipe. worked perfect, never had any issues.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:33 PM
1st Gear

Thanx man... i heard that but I never had any feedbackabout somebody doing it...

Old 06-16-2007, 05:49 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Why stop at the main cats? Why don't you just drain your old motor oil right into the ground. Heck, why even stop there. Go the extra mile and doanything else you can to ruin the Earth.

You deserve a check engine light you . Put your cats back on and be responsible to your environment.
[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 06-30-2007, 01:16 PM

All you greenes need to lighten up lol

Old 06-30-2007, 04:38 PM
1st Gear

Why would I buy them??? I just said I was going to DO THE SAME THING... All they do is GUT THE DOWNPIPE and REPLACE THE O2 SENSOR!!!...
[/quote]

Not to sound like soap box preacher. but they (piggies) never have any issues with aCEL or cars running rich and sputtering. Every time I see some one saying how easy it sounds and how they did it there self I also see them saying how they have an issue. They might just gut and replace but apparently there is a right way and a wrong way to do it.

In the end it sounds like you need the ELE's I have no cats on my car and as I said I know several people that have done the same with no issues. I actually have never herd of any one with no cats and ELE's that had an issue......But keep in mind for every goodsolution there is a idiot ready to Fu$k it up

Quick Reply: Gutted Downpipes...