S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

help please... experts? UPDATED! PICTURES ADDED!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 01:53 PM
1st Gear
Default help please... experts? UPDATED! PICTURES ADDED!

Yes i searched for my two codes, no i didnt find anything except what they mean, now that thats out of the way, this is a 2001 s4, and the two codes i got are p1136 and p1138 which mean Long Term Fuel Trim Add.Fuel,Bank1 System too Lean and Long Term Fuel Trim Add.Fuel,Bank2 System too Lean so what im looking for is a solution... i was just going to try and replace o2's since i thought that was it, but im not sure thats the problem and at ~250 a piece, im not in a big hurry to just go to the store and buy 2 or 4 new o2 sensors just to see if that fixes it, so now im looking for another issue that it could be? if anyone has any ideas at all that would be great, im going to go check the vacuum lines right now so thanks in advance for any help.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Default RE: help please... experts?

hose leak / vacuum leak which is causing the lean fuel air fix so nothing to do with the O2 sensors they are doing their job

Old 09-17-2007, 02:23 PM
1st Gear

what is the best way to pinpoint a hose leak or vaccuum leak?

Old 09-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Site Moderator

Do a pressure test

Old 09-17-2007, 02:25 PM

simply check all the AIR system hoses and any vacuum line for damage or if its dropped off

Old 09-17-2007, 03:01 PM
1st Gear

Alright here we go... the problem is located right next to the top y pipe, just to the right of it in the back as shown in the first picture, in the second picture you can see the "thing" is cracked in half, there is two hoses that attach to it on the left and two more on the right which are not clearly visable, my questions are: what is this and any ideas on where i can get a new one? also what about the clips on the hoses, they look like somthing that is only usuable once... but im not sure, any help is great and if you would like more pictures i can go take some more...

Old 09-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Site Moderator

Yeah that could prob be a problem...lol

Also dave, just checking the hoses is a good start, but if you dont find anything obvious a pressure test would be the next step...

Old 09-17-2007, 03:13 PM

check valve and seen that a few times,

edit: thats cause of your problem by the way

I also agree with you sooks but we were answering at the same time and yours got there first

Old 09-17-2007, 03:35 PM
1st Gear

Help,
I'm stuck in a thread and can't figure out how to start a new one. Really, I can't see how you post a new thread, all I have been able to figure out is how to respond......ok, stop laughing, you'll get old someday if your lucky. At any rate the subject is the same HELP,. Will the GKN part number k1080-26948 prop shaft cv joint fit a 2002 s6? Are the cats for an s6 and an a6 v8 the same? Ebay has the a6 v8 cats listed with a bin of $299.99.My quickie parts book list both as the same part numbers 4B3 254 550GX and 4B3 254 500 GX. Can any one confirm this is true. The seller isn't sure and can't cross to oem part numbers. Please let me know if you have confirmation of any of this information. Thanks......
crabman......dc

Old 09-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Site Moderator

well crabman, you see at the bottom of the thread where it says Audi >> Audi Models >> S Car Model Line.. that is where youre at in the forum.. if you want to get back to the S section click on the "S Car Model Line"..if you want to go back to the whole forums, just click on teh Audi one.

But once youre into the S section there will be a part that says "New Thread" just like it says "Post Reply" here.

As for your questions..sadly i have no idea...

Quick Reply: help please... experts? UPDATED! PICTURES ADDED!