S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

How to get a perfect launch from audi S4?

Old 03-28-2008, 04:49 PM
1st Gear
Default How to get a perfect launch from audi S4?

This is my first Audi ever, I bought a Audi S4 B6 2004, but its automatic(steptronic)
I have no clue how to get a really good launch from this at all.
I did the press the break, and the gas,and let go off the break, but the RPM's just fall down.
One of my friends said to put it in neutral and rev it up and throw it down to D, i asked him if he was retarded?lol

Does anyone know if there's a button, or something like I saw some cars have.

Thanks!

Old 03-28-2008, 04:53 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: How to get a perfect launch from audi S4?

wow ur boy is retarded..for real..i know that is not the way to launch it. but im not sure..if you wanted to launch your car you should of bought a stick..thats about the only thing i can chime in on..

Old 03-28-2008, 04:55 PM
SoCal Crew Member

this is not a drag car....unless you put a lot of work into it.... get em' on the corners! or from a rolling start

Old 03-28-2008, 04:57 PM
1st Gear

egh wit stickshift its not a problem to launch, but main reason I bought automatic is because when I go to work, or anywhere really around chicago there's traffic, and i'm tired of having to switch gears and press the clutch non-stop, so I bought a S4 automatic, and there was actually one wit stickshift next to it, which was tempting me to buy the stickshift, but it was in the accident, so I decided to just go with this one, and I love the speed of it, the feeling of it,and everything, but I feel retarded as hell not knowing how to launch it..lol

Old 03-28-2008, 07:38 PM
1st Gear

Short of switching to a looser (higher stall speed) torque converter, an auto trans won't launch like a stick. With the correct converter, an auto will leave as hard as any stick shift car will. They just aren't generally practical for the street. The trans will run way too hot with a really loose converter. A slightly looser than stockconverter will help but, you won't launch as hard.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:17 PM
2nd Gear

just put a supercharger on it, then it wont matter!

Old 03-29-2008, 08:27 AM
1st Gear

i think i only saw one thing about a supercharger, which they said is coming out this december,and there was another one, thats 40 thousand..which isnt worth it,unless you know any sites or something where i could get a supercharger between 5-15 thousand bucks?

Old 03-29-2008, 09:19 AM

yeah those SC's are quite expensive. i'd pass on trying to get a great launch and just enjoy having a bad *** sport sedan.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:35 AM
1st Gear

A little squirt of nitrous. A small motor making good HP usually doesn't makemuch torque. Torque gets the car moving from launch. The juice will add the torque down low, where you need it.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:47 AM
2nd Gear

nitrous, in most applications, is only suppose to be sprayed at higher rpms to avoid engine damage. its not a low end thing, its a high end horsepower application.

as for superchargers, 40 is rediculous!

http://www.hoppenmotorsport.com/Audi.S4.B6.Tuning.htm

http://www.motodyne.com/frames/audi_s4-v8.html

theres 2 for under 15k

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to get a perfect launch from audi S4?