S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Hydrogen Generator on an S4

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 09:57 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Hydrogen Generator on an S4

ORIGINAL: carhopper

Sorry guys, I've been out for a few days with no email. Most of the instructions say to insert the tube from the generator into the intake before the MAF. Is there any way the hydrogen could hurt the MAF?

I'm happy with the responses so I think I'll try it. I was expecting to get flamed for suggesting something so crazy on our beloved S4s. I'm with you guys tho, I don't want a mason jar or coke bottle under my hood. I want a professional looking tank that holds at least 1 gallon of water so I only have to fill it up once per tank of gas.
Also man, definitely post your results. I'm sure there are plenty of folks around here that wouldn't mind saving a few bones on gas.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:49 AM

I changed my mind because I have a friend that wrote a book on rocket propulsion. He said that it is a scam and there's no way you could get enough hydrogen to increase efficiency by 15%. According to him, it would take an hour to generate enough hydrogen to run the engine for a second. He said the reported gains are probably because the kit also recirculates exhaust into the bubbler similar to the EGR so the engine is getting unburnt fuel recirculated. I don't know, but I do trust this guy.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:22 PM
1st Gear

I don't think it takes anything from the exhaust. And also those hydrogen generators can generate a lot more hydrogen then that in an hour. I'm not saying your friend doesn't know what he's talking about I'm sure he does but do a search for DIY hydrogen generator a lot of people have built some that generate A LOT of hydrogen. Also your not trying to run the car off hydrogen your trying to make your fuel more combustible which uses less fuel. Hydrogen is very combustible and there for gives you what you want.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:16 PM
4th Gear

So... did this just die or is someone going to try this??? Had I not just got done rebuilding my engine I would try it out. There are also a few people on my local forums who are going to try it it looks like... I will let you know how it all goes.

Josh

Old 07-02-2008, 05:21 PM

You're an idiot if you think this will help you. Sucker born every minute....