S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

I WANT THE SOUND...WHAT DO I DO???

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 07:47 AM
1st Gear
Default I WANT THE SOUND...WHAT DO I DO???

HEY GUYS...I NEED SOME ADVICE AND GUIDANCE! I RECENTLY PURCHUSED AN '01.5 S4 AND I'VE RUN HEAD-FIRST INTO A WALL! I'VE READ PAGE AFTER PAGE ABOUT BPV'S AND BOV'S...THE PROS AND CONS OF EACH...AND NOW I REALLY JUST NEED A STRAIGHT-FORWARD ANSWER...DO I HAVE TO GET A BOV-SET-UP...TO GET THAT GREAT SOUND...I REALLY WANT TO BE HEARD! PLEASE HELP ME OUT...THANKS GUYS!

Old 12-08-2005, 12:56 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: I WANT THE SOUND...WHAT DO I DO???

If you make a darintake it will give you somewhat of a blow off sound. Id suggest doing that first. You buy an aftermarket intake that fits into your stock aribox. drill holes in the bottom and top of the air box, and you should hear a suching sound somewhat similar to the BOV sound... Id definetly try that before going to BOV's for price, and engine safety's sake...

Old 12-09-2005, 04:07 AM
1st Gear

WHO THE FVCK WOULD DRILL HOLES IN THE AIR-BOX...THAT'S LIKE DRILLING HOLES IN A MUFFLE TO MAKE IT SOUND MORE THROATY!!!

Old 12-09-2005, 06:59 AM
1st Gear

just... dont do it man. Get exhaust or something so you can listen to a different sound. Your audi is never going to sound like a 17 yr old's DSM. And it shouldn't.

Old 12-09-2005, 07:51 AM
1st Gear

THERE'S JUST SOMETHING ABOUT IT THAT DRIVES ME CRAZY...I GET OFF ON THAT SOUND MORE THAN MY GIRLFRIEND! HAHA!

Old 12-09-2005, 11:22 AM
2nd Gear

Ok, this is when it is time to get a hot girlfriend and se a phycyatrist..... jk, but seriously, countlessp eople have done this to their airbox, becausei t is hte most productve intake that our car has ever had, more so than any aftermarket filter, except for one extremely expensive one custom made out oc CF by a guy named x-1 racer over on AW. This is the best solution for getting more air iinto your car, and to get a little bit of that sound... and its nothing like drilling holes in your muffler... and plz stop with the caps lick..

Old 12-09-2005, 07:43 PM
1st Gear

so what do i do...about the drilling...if you say it's really gonna work...tell me what to do...

Old 12-09-2005, 08:48 PM
2nd Gear

here is a writeup on it:

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/958903.phtml

there are also other people who have drilled more than one hole in the airbox as well, adn got similar results, its jsut the sound i think they treid to increase with more holes, not sure if they were more succesful than the single hole.

enjoy.

Old 12-10-2005, 05:26 AM

To start it off u do not want a BOV with our cars since we use a MAF. When u run a BOV you are telling your car there is no air. As for the darintake it is the best mod next to piggie pipes. The stock air box is the best for less than stage 3. When u put a hole in the box it allows a little more air and no extra heat.

Old 12-11-2005, 10:18 PM
1st Gear

Get These They will increase the air presure going to the turbos and sound nice when the air wistles through them, or you could be a ***** and decrease the air going to your turbos just to make a loud noise

Quick Reply: I WANT THE SOUND...WHAT DO I DO???