S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

I'm really sorry to ask this...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 03:31 AM
1st Gear
Default I'm really sorry to ask this...

Hopefully I can just get a quick awnser since its been asked so many times before, and so much bullshit has already been said. I tried searching, but trying to read through the bickering and any info was tough. This is the situation, my good friend has a 2001.5 s4, he would like to use an HKS SSQV he had on a previous car, I read up on this a little in my searching, basically the air needs to be recirculated back into the system or the car will run rich....I think I got that part, but what I would like to tell him is how he can, or cant use the BOV, is there a recirculating kit out there for this BOV? Is there a write up on how to install this BOV? For the fellas that dont like BOV's or the sound they make, maybe you can refrain from posting on this thread? So next time someone searches they will just have answers on how to, or not to do it? Its appreciated!

Old 09-18-2006, 05:06 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: I'm really sorry to ask this...

Come on guys, I know one of you can awnser this fairly quickly, not everyone that has viewed this threaad hates BOV's right?

Old 09-18-2006, 07:58 AM
2nd Gear

Whats a BOV's?

Old 09-18-2006, 12:25 PM

BOV = blow off valve lol as you probably know anyway,

lots of information on the net
http://images.google.co.uk/images?sv...&q=bov+install

Old 09-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Site Moderator

well your sort of asking opposing questions... Just doesnt make a lot of sense. A blow off valve expells the exhaust gases into the atmosphere... Then youre saying that you want to recirculate the gases through the system... well how can you when your expelling it into the atmosphere.. Ya know what i mean. You cant really have a BOV that does this. I have heard of a hybrid kind of...that im not exactly sure how it works, but maybe it expells half. I dont really know..

Old 09-18-2006, 12:47 PM

all the kids my way use the bov because of the woooosh sound but that's it

Old 09-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Site Moderator

could just put in one of those speakers..

Old 09-18-2006, 08:31 PM
3rd Gear

The car will just run like CRAP, & will go into limp mode.

The main reason you can't use a BOV is the MAF is before the turbo & throttle & diverter valves (DV's)

Most systems that use a BOV have the MAF between the turbo & throttle. So the air is already metered.

If it's lost to atmosphere your creating a BOOST LEAK. Car goes into limp mode.

If you try a hybrid, it will still loose air, and not run as smooth. The S4 can not run well with out the DV's
working properly.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:24 PM
2nd Gear

This is what u after guys![sm=happybounce.gif]

http://www.takakaira.co.jp/accessori...ightpager.html

I got the Sound Type 2 on me car bro

Old 09-19-2006, 02:59 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: sooks

well your sort of asking opposing questions... Just doesnt make a lot of sense. A blow off valve expells the exhaust gases into the atmosphere... Then youre saying that you want to recirculate the gases through the system... well how can you when your expelling it into the atmosphere.. Ya know what i mean. You cant really have a BOV that does this. I have heard of a hybrid kind of...that im not exactly sure how it works, but maybe it expells half. I dont really know..

I get what you're saying...I guess what I was wondering is if he could accomplish the sound of the HKS, and also direct air into the system as well, but thinking about it, it doesnt make sense that it could do both. I was thinking there might be some sort of kit out there that did accomplish this, but guess not, and if its gonna be a complete PIA it isnt worth it. Is there an aftermarket stock diverter valve that gives some kind of better spool up, sound, and blow off? Kind of alot to ask for lol, but he really likes that BOV and wanted to use it on his S4, guess he wont be able to. Doesnt help that I got one on my car and have been taking him for rides lol. Ok guys Ill let him know he is SOL.