S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

I'm really sorry to ask this...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 02:43 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: I'm really sorry to ask this...

ORIGINAL: atar350
I get what you're saying...I guess what I was wondering is if he could accomplish the sound of the HKS, and also direct air into the system as well, but thinking about it, it doesnt make sense that it could do both. I was thinking there might be some sort of kit out there that did accomplish this, but guess not, and if its gonna be a complete PIA it isnt worth it. Is there an aftermarket stock diverter valve that gives some kind of better spool up, sound, and blow off? Kind of alot to ask for lol, but he really likes that BOV and wanted to use it on his S4, guess he wont be able to. Doesnt help that I got one on my car and have been taking him for rides lol. Ok guys Ill let him know he is SOL.
Here you go, it will do both, but they are expensive, and yes you need to buy 2
http://www.lltek.com/DBOV_turbo_divertor_blowoff.htm

Old 09-19-2006, 05:47 PM
1st Gear

Here is a post I made in an earlier BOV/DV topic. Answers may have been said already, just what i posted. Take it for what it is worth.

------------------------------------------------------

I don't know too much about the S4's, since I just got one about 2 days ago. But for a lot of other cars, that put on BOV's near the MAF, there can be issues.

The BOV obviously releases air to atmosphere that has already been taken into consideration by the MAF, so the ECU is telling the injectors to inject that much fuel for that measured amount of AIR. If you dump off that air before reaching the cylinders, you are running less air, therefore RICH!!. Accelerations are typically OK, but if you dump the valve, and then stop at a light, cars tend to die from being too pig rich.

The diverter valves or Recirc valves release to relieve the pressure in the intake piping (aka preventing reversion on the turbos), and put that already calculated air back into the intake, so the correct amount of fuel is being used still, letting the car run just fine.

This happens to many turbo imports. Mine wasn't as bad because i put it right before the TB, while more stick it right after the MAF. Not sure on this explaination, but it happens. lol.

Suggestion: You are not a HONDA that needs to show-off that you are Turbo'd, therefore, stick to the Bypass/Diverter/Recirc Valves.

I hope I didn't **** people off with my very first post. lol.

-----------------------------------------------------

Old 09-20-2006, 06:57 AM
1st Gear

alright so after the same dilemma this is the best answer I found after about two weeks of research and searching.

This is an austrailian company that specializes in turbo applications mainly our AWD brethren Subaru and Nissan Skylines.

These bad boys are in cab controlable. That means from the drivers seat while you are driving you can control whether the air is vented to the atmosphere or recirculated back into the system like it is stock.

There is a video that shows how it works, it's on a Subaru WRX, they make one for Audi for the 2.7t and 1.8t with the correct stiffness springs.

Truley the only solution if you want the flexibility to switch between the sound or having the car run properly. I personally would love to have a pair of these, be loud whhen you want to but quiet 95% of the time for daily driving, however at over 500 each it is not a cheap investment, as all you are gaining is the sound.

GO FAST BITS DECEPTOR PRO BOV

If anyone is interested I am a Go Fast Bits distributor and can get these cheaper than MSRP depending on the quantity.

Mason
Mako Innovations

Old 09-20-2006, 01:20 PM
1st Gear

Wow. People want to hear the bov THAT BAD?

I've had a turbo car for years. The bov sound was cool about 5 years ago when no one had that. But now everyone and their dog put a BOV on their turbo car.

But again, to each their own. Audi built the bypass valve/diverter valve like that on purpose.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:41 PM
1st Gear

german = diverter. no blow offs.

i saw a guy putting a blow off on his gli the other day at a carshow. i laughed, then suggested my friend with vag to hang around him and wait for his car to go limp and make some money.