S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

ITS MINE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:53 AM
1st Gear
Default ITS MINE!!!!

Took delivery of my '00 S4 last night and im so happy i did it!!! I knew this was gonna be a fast car but i was def not expecting this at all. My first mission was to cruise a lil get used to the car... once i got a feel for the clutch and feel of the car i headed for the interstate!!! as i was approaching the on ramp i noticed the light had changed and i was going to have to wait and yeild for about six cars. i knew that in my 1.8T i could make it ahead of these cars but i would be close... so not knowing what theS4 could do, i down shifted into 2nd and hammered the gas...WOW!!!! i instantly realized that this car was no joke. unfortunately im have 4 points on my record from a speeding ticket last month so i really cant go around cruising like i'd like to. i dont really have any friends with a car i can run against and compare to. the closest thing is my buddys 06' civic SI and he had a hard time against my bone stock A4 1.8T on the highway, so i dont expect him to even begin to challenge the s4. all in all im thrilled with this car, luckily i live right in between SOOBIEville and EVOburgh so im sure ill be able to have some fun soon enough...

Old 07-18-2007, 11:26 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: ITS MINE!!!!

I have one point of concern... i have noticed i can hear my turbos VERY well with my windows down... so much so that i doubt a catback alone could produce that much extra sound (i could be wrong) im gonna look under the car for a down pipe orcat delete but i doubt it cause my exhaust note is very subtle. im no motorhead so im not gonna be able to find out on my own if its upgraded DVs or a chip. its a stock air box so no intake but i havent opened it to see if it has a K&N filter. I dont have a boost gauge yet but thats gonna be my first missionin the next month... anything i missed that could cause my turbos to be so audible... hoping they arent going bad already, for what i gathered from alot of searching, turbos will be very audible when they are about to go!!! thanks

Old 07-18-2007, 03:00 PM

I have heard that nosey turbos means that thy are getting reddy to go bad

Old 07-18-2007, 03:04 PM

pictures required is it a DV or BOV

Old 07-18-2007, 03:43 PM
1st Gear

like i said, im no gearhead... i wouldnt know the first thing to take pics of... but i was just outside hitting the throttle and it almost sounds more like air wooshing like i have and intake when i get a lil higher in the rpm range then i def hear the turbos more... like i said my air box is stock and doenst appear to be modded! im at work now but when i get a chance im gonna take a closer look at it to see if its modified. there is not blow off sounds when i let off the gas or shift so im going to assume that the previous owner wasnt an idiot and put BOV's on it. no sputtering at idle or anything,maybe im just used to my stock A4 and being a lil perinoid

Old 07-18-2007, 11:25 PM
1st Gear

mine has a bit a a whistle with accleration not really any on deceleration i feel like im being a bit periniod too but i would like to know if its normal too

Old 07-18-2007, 11:56 PM
1st Gear

at low RPM under medium load with the windows down the turbos jsut sing on these cars, they sound like a big diesel turbo. Thats myfavorite thing to do, go find a hill at low speed, upshift a gear, lug it a bit, and listen to her sing to me

Old 07-19-2007, 12:50 AM
1st Gear

Mine are also pretty loud, Im pretty sure my driver's turbo is going to go soon, but my warranty covers me so Im not worried. Maybe I can talk someone in to letting me get K04's

Old 07-19-2007, 04:36 PM
SoCal Crew Member

maybe it does have an air box mod.... when i helped i3uddah(Jason) with his air box mod ( https://www.audiforums.com/m_503453/tm.htm ) the turbo's were definetly alot more audiable... sounded awsome!

great come up on the S4, lets see some pics!!!!

Old 07-20-2007, 03:04 PM
1st Gear

Thanks jetspeed, yeah ill def post some pics this weekend...

Quick Reply: ITS MINE!!!!