S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

K&N Air Filter ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 09:45 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: K&N Air Filter ?

Yeah Hano, the oil from the aftermarket filters seems to affect the Bosch MAF more so than the Hitachi ones - u got the Bocsh one yeah?
Its more of a problem when u clean the filter and re-oil u self coz a lot of the guys get carried away and soak the thing in too much lub

Not really a prob if u using the filter straight out of the box though coz the factory ussually puts just rite amount of lub on

Personally i think there isnt much of a increase in HP/Torque with the aftermarket filters, and a more of a " i drove for a million miles " thing on the same filter, where did i see that add? - in other words its a longer lasting filter, do u really wont a filter to last a trip to the moon and back?

I found when i ran mine, just b4 the MAF died i was getting 'very' ordinary mileage from a stock car - not to mention the car felt just like a V6 and the thing wouldnt f****n rev at all!

Old 07-31-2006, 12:19 PM
1st Gear

Hano - a quick search on Audiworld will provide some information on this..... I installed a K&N in my '02 A4 a couple years back and it killed the MAF in less than a month.

To me its not worth the trouble for the little or no performance gains.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:50 PM
2nd Gear

so then do you recommend just getting a oem air filter? because i've got the k&n in my s4 right now. should i take it out and replace it?

Old 07-31-2006, 05:02 PM
Site Moderator

i dont know..i ahve k & n.. i havent heard anything bad..nor had anything bad in that regard. From what i always read just do a k&n drop in and your set.

Old 07-31-2006, 05:05 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: sooks

i dont know..i ahve k & n.. i havent heard anything bad..nor had anything bad in that regard. From what i always read just do a k&n drop in and your set.
see that's what i've read too. which is why i got the k&n drop in. i'm so confused....

Old 07-31-2006, 05:29 PM
Site Moderator

i wouldnt worry about it.. im sure its fine.. just check it every now and then

Old 08-01-2006, 03:48 AM
2nd Gear

It would be interesting to get some feed back from the guys who have the Hitachi MAF and K&N panel filter?
If it affects them as bad as the Bosch MAF? - or does it just make the Bosch MAF die quicker?

Old 08-01-2006, 04:56 AM
Site Moderator

i have a bosch maf along with the kn drop in.. no problems with that.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:21 AM
2nd Gear

i'll be switching to hitachi MAF fairly soon when i purchase my fueling kit from vast performance. i'll let you know how the hitachi MAF and the k&n go together. unless someone beats me to the punch

Old 08-01-2006, 06:07 AM
2nd Gear

Thanx guys
The only reason i went back to the stock panel filter was coz i thought for the sake of a few Hp i'm not goin to risk the warranty on the new MAF

Quick Reply: K&N Air Filter ?